An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello,

We are getting the following error intermittently on /checkout/confirm in NopCommerce 2.8:

System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() at Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) at Nop.Services.Orders.OrderService.InsertOrder(Order order) at Nop.Services.Orders.OrderProcessingService.PlaceOrder(ProcessPaymentRequest processPaymentRequest)

Has anybody else experienced this issue?  We believe it's due to a deadlock but are not fully sure and we have not been able to reproduce it locally.

Any help is appreciated.
8 years ago
We also have this error. Do you have any SQL based plugins?
Best regards,
James
8 years ago
Did you get any answers to this problem.  We are also all of a sudden getting this error.

Appreciate any help - thanks!
8 years ago
We figured out that the Sales Order report was taking long time and was therefore creating a shared lock on the Order table, preventing any updates from happening.  We basically stopped using that screen for now but you can address the issue by creating indexes on the columns that are getting searched and reducing the search query time.
8 years ago
Really - I am actually getting it when I copy a product and just update something small in the name.  It crashes during that process and sometimes won't copy the picture or specification attributes or change the name properly.  Then when I go back to manage products the new product is there, but something is always missing from being copied.

Just started today...  I don't get any kind of dump, but I think I would have to enable that to see more (from what I've read).

I can continue, but it just makes one wonder if something else is going on.

Laurena
6 years ago
Hi This prabu

Please Check Ur Database under Data Type....Suppose If u use nvarchar(50) or something else...But U Should Entered Above char length... or may Data Type is (int) but entered Char  . so please check ur database datatype..so only the Error would b appeared
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.