Texs Cottonbelt Karate Tournament Registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
This is a store implementation for a karate tournament registration.

Last year I used GoDaddys quick cart which worked but limited by no text attributes in the options and a limited number of products (basic cart)

Chose nopcommerce this year for the following reasons:

1) Text attributes ( Capture Participants Name DOB)
2) Unlimited products and categories.
    a) Used categories to drill down the correct division. belt rank, adult/junior/men/women/age group.
    b) Unlimited products/attributes.  After all was said and done, the products/attributes totaled over 120 items.
3) ASP.NET  SQL Server 2008 for security and Flexibility in using the DB

By using attributes and drop down lists to select the events, it provided with a very clean print out fro tournament registration.

However, on a Medium Trust site such as godaddy, it has become a nightmare.. Cannot cleanly access the attribute descriptions (that's where all the key data is) with emails to sore owner or PDF invoices (even re-compiled itext no joy)

Also a copy product (with attributes) would have been nice, a lot of repeat data entry.. means room for mistakes.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to spend the time to "pretty" it up, the back end is keeping me busy for now.

The front end is working fine, folks are signing up for the event and money is rolling in....

Your 2 cents is welcomed, along with any ideas on how to implement it for next year..

I'm going to have to change hosting companies to keep nop (which I like) or keep GoDaddy and find another cart..

Right now, I like the nopcommerce solution..  Some how they need to write this thing so that admin can push through the .net with full access to the records without having to have a Full trust site... Which can leave a lot of other things open.

Thanks

http://www.texascottonbelt.com
14 years ago
Medium Trust is a real pain.  Moving your site to another host with Full Trust shouldn't cause you any drama and wouldn't take very long to complete.  Glad to hear you like nopCommerce your site looks good and its's doing what you need it to!

Cheers
Matthew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.