Limitation for SEO Meta keywords ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi

After creation of a new Manufacturer (Craftman in my web site),
after filling each objects, textes, images ...

I put key words in SEO "Meta keywords" field like that :

Yves Carayon, Carayon, kitesurf, Galerie des Hospices, Hospices, Canet-en-Roussillon, Lacroix-Falgarde, Marie Liozu, Les Amis de la Gleysette, Gleysette, Gen Heller, Heller, Store-us, Storeus, storus, painting, sticking, glueing together, image, flower, table, wall ornament, art, style, modern art, ornament, color, colour, paper, glue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, interior design, work, surf, Oil

Saving : OK

Then I just add this texte to the same field : ", Oil, Acrylic, glacis"
in order to get :

Yves Carayon, Carayon, kitesurf, Galerie des Hospices, Hospices, Canet-en-Roussillon, Lacroix-Falgarde, Marie Liozu, Les Amis de la Gleysette, Gleysette, Gen Heller, Heller, Store-us, Storeus, storus, painting, sticking, glueing together, image, flower, table, wall ornament, art, style, modern art, ornament, color, colour, paper, glue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, interior design, work, surf, Oil, Acrylic, glacis

SAVING : NOK
The message of error is :

We're sorry, an internal error occurred.

Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page.

If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while.

Thank you for your patience.

I often get this issue in NOP 3.10 and now in NOP 3.50
My web site is : www.store-us.net

What is the cause of this issue please?
1 - Wrong meta key words inserted ?
2 - Maximal length field reached ?
3 - Ill-timed error or a bug in NOP ?
4 - Wrong utilization of SEO Meta Key Words field ?

Luc
8 years ago
Hi Luc,

MetaKeyords column has limitation of 400 chars. You can edit it in "Manufacturer" database (if already installed). Or you can edit in in the \Libraries\Nop.Data\Mapping\Catalog\ManufacturerMap.cs file (for not-installed databased yet). But please note that search engines don't use so long list of keywords (usually only the first 100-150 chars)

BTW, please vote for this work item here
8 years ago
Hi

What means BTW please ?
(sorry for that question ...)

I just vote in CodePlex for this issue.

Thank you for your response;I understand several other points in it.
8 years ago
"by the way"
8 years ago
Problem solved. Details here GitHub: #21da3e1
8 years ago
Hi

Please Could you help me out, How to generate meta keyword dynamically for all category's,manufautuer and products.

Thanks,
Saravana
8 years ago
Saran666 wrote:
Hi

Please Could you help me out, How to generate meta keyword dynamically for all category's,manufautuer and products.

Thanks,
Saravana

That is not available out of the box. Maybe a SEO plugin can do it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.