Nopcommerce integration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi Everybody,

My name David Zenou, I am .NET French architect , and i follow nopcommerce evolution since 1.9 version.
I am passionate about this plateform , and today I sell my expertise for some projects.
Last Nopcommerce version are very powerful and have excellent architecture design.
I worked recently for a big client of industry , he is very happy of the last version of Nop, but yesterday he asked me a very delicate thing :

In his nopcommerce database, a developer team has installed 20 new data tables(for his new ERP software),and they developped lots of batchs using these 20 tables.
Today my client asked me to create some pages in nopccomerce web site to display and manipulate data from these 20 tables.
Problem : Because these 20 tables don't have a primary Key which the name is 'Id' , it's impossible to create entities inherited from BaseEntity and so impossible to create linked  data access layer(because BaseEntity is strongly dependant of this dataccesslayer).
And i m blocked because it's impossible to change Primary key column in 'Id' --> ERP and batchs will not run.

So, i can propose you a beautiful evolution in the next Nop version : Remove Id property from BaseEntity class .
--> it will be more flexible to integrate some external new sql server tables in nopccomerce system.

Maybe do you have another solution ? :)
8 years ago
Hi David

My advice to you is to use a different ORM for the 20 ERP tables. We often use PetaPoco in our solutions and I can recommend it to you as being a very easy to use ORM. It will create an entire class library from the database for you if you use the T4 templates.

We've used this approach many times - and we often use PetaPoco in place of EntityFramework when manipulating data in the nopCommerce native tables because it is so much faster for batch operations.

Hope this helps

Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.