New Google powered translation tool

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,

I have developed a tool to help with the translation of nopCommerce. PLEASE use it so we can make nopCommerce available in many different languages.

Link to the tool: http://www.netboss.dk/nopCommerce-translation-tool

My experience tells me that a complete translation takes around 15 hours. Please post when you start translating to avoid duplicate content/work.

Start translating! :-)

Ps.

Please remember to remove the XML declaration from your XML file ( <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> ) before you upload it to nopCommerce. This can be done using notepad or a similar program.
13 years ago
The tool is up and running again...
13 years ago
Followed your instructions, did the first 100 lines. Deleted the declaration, tried to Import and got:

INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.

nC 1.6... any ideas???

Trying to do JP

I like your tool BTW
13 years ago
Here is the answer to my problem. Combined with your tool we can finally get JP version done.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5335/language-pack-error-on-install-solution.aspx

Thank you,

Daniel
13 years ago
Hi, and thank you for pointing this out. I forgot about this error because as I remember it only occurs when you have a slow connection to your DB (typically in hosted enviromets). It's some kind of timeout error. The error is NOT due to my tool but a general "error" in nopCommerce because of the file size of the language file  :-)
13 years ago
Can you do a bulk take Google suggestions for all 4000 + lines, then I can have my guys go through it faster. We can create a generic one for the community then we will tailor our own for SAIBR.com.

Possible?
13 years ago
Yes, it is possible but the google API doesn't like this approach as far as I remember. Before it can be done you need to slow down the process in the code to awoid 4000+ requests in... 10 sek :-)  It's been a while since I developed the tool and I haven't got a version that support bulk translations anymore. (think I deletede it again)

The problems with this approach is:

1: You need to slow down the process and make a request every 2 second. This times 4000 is 8000 seconds or more than 2 hours if I'm not wrong.

2: After the bulk translation you end up with at least 2000 lines that you need to correct anyway. This is NOT easy when you don't have the original tekst. Believe me!

I therefore came to the conclusion back then that it was not worth the trouble.
12 years ago
Why did you remove it again :(
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.