Default.aspx Will Not Load

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Help! Please save my head and the wall!

I am hosting nopcommerce on my own server. However, default.aspx does not load when called. I get the error page displaying
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete. Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time."

I have Server 2008 running IIS7. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

I am also running Visual Studio 2008, and the site loads only when I use the "View In Browser" feature....
14 years ago
Open your web.config file and comment out the <customErrors> tag.  Then above it put:

<customErrors mode="Off" />

This will allow you to see errors generated by the .NET compiler.
14 years ago
Thanks deccks. Now I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot open database "locoData" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "locoData" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Source Error:

Line 49:                 if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
Line 50:                 {
Line 51:                     LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum.Unknown, ex.Message, ex);
Line 52:                 }
Line 53:             //}

Source File: c:\xampp\htdocs\locosstar\Global.asax    Line: 51

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "locoData" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() +219
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection(Boolean disposeInnerConnection) +125
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection() +41
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command) +76
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Audit.SQLLogProvider.InsertLog(Int32 LogTypeID, Int32 Severity, String Message, String Exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL, DateTime CreatedOn) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Audit\SQLLogProvider.cs:180
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, Int32 Severity, String Message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:171
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, String Message, Exception Exception) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\Solution\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:145
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\xampp\htdocs\locosstar\Global.asax:51
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +135

This is a SQL login error right?
14 years ago
It looks like it.  I could not get nopCommerce to install locally.  I had to setup the database on my web hosting server before I could run nopCommerce.  After I had the database setup on my web host and got all the server information, then I was able to run nopCommerce from my machine using my web host's information.
14 years ago
Still not working! Can anyone help with the database error?!!!
13 years ago
Is there any way we can restore the old password?
13 years ago
Probably you don't need to reset your password. Update the ConnectionStrings.config Password to your new password.
13 years ago
southernprince wrote:
Still not working! Can anyone help with the database error?!!!

Are you using integrated login or sql login?
You can check sql database login with management studio or sql web admin provided by your host.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.