Full-Text Indexes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I wanted the opinion of some SQL developers on what columns I should create Full-Text indexes on because I know they can be expensive, storage wise.  For the Nop_Product table, I was thinking that I should only create full-text indexes on Name and FullDescription.  I did not know for sure if I should include ShortDescription because the FullDescription column should contain similar data, if not the same, as the ShortDescription column.

Anybody have any opinions?
13 years ago
I pay for web hosting at IX Web Hosting and I have a 10GB database quota.  Andrey developed a nice stored procedure for product descriptions using FullText indexes and the use of the SQL database function CONTAINS.

Download it here:
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/7651
13 years ago
I installed that stored procedure. Would you know how I can have the site use that procedure in the store front search? Any tips would be very appreciated.
13 years ago
brenjt wrote:
I installed that stored procedure. Would you know how I can have the site use that procedure in the store front search? Any tips would be very appreciated.

Anyone? I still haven't been able to get the website to use the newly created procedure.
13 years ago
I'm interested in that full-text search SP too.
Is it compatible with NC 1.90 (parameters are different)?
I would like to optimize the search results (speed and relevance). By exemple, it would be perfet that a search query like "blue product" returns a product named "product blue".
Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.