switching items and news around on main page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I realize this is probably pretty trivial and I feel like and idiot for not figuring it out. I am just trying to transverse the item list and the news on the home page but cant seem to figure it out. Could someone tell me which master page to edit? Maybe something didnt get copied when I ftped it from Godaddy.

Thanks
14 years ago
Take this code from your Default.aspx and just switch them around

<nopCommerce:NewsList ID="ctrlNewsList" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
    </div>
    <nopCommerce:HomePageProducts ID="ctrlHomePageProducts" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
    </div>

Becomes:

<nopCommerce:HomePageProducts ID="ctrlHomePageProducts" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
    </div>
    <nopCommerce:NewsList ID="ctrlNewsList" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
    </div>

Then Build.

Helpful?

Jared Nielsen
www.FUZION.org
14 years ago
It may be helpful to understand the loading "hierarchy" of the pages ... I'm no expert here but when I'm editing I look for the following in order:

1.  Load /MasterPages/Root.Master
2.  Some controls from /Modules/?????.ascx will load
3.  Load /MasterPages/TwoColumn.Master (or whichever on the .aspx page calls for)
4.  More controls from /Modules/?????.ascx will load
5.  Load /Default.aspx (or whichever page you're focusing on)
6.  More controls from /Modules/?????.ascx will load

This doesn't dig into all of the base classes but gives you an overall checklist of "where to look" as you try to find which pieces are loading where.

Thanks,

Jared Nielsen
www.FUZION.org
14 years ago
holy wow i have been wracking my head against the wall trying to figure this out, i didnt realize there was 8 pages of files in my file on godaddy lol. Please shoot me :D I was trying to figure out how this ran without a default.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.