Sales>Orders> Order status, Payment status?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi all,

Can someone let me know about "Order Status" and "Payment Status?"
It shows Processing, Pending on Order status, and Paid, pending, refunded voided on Payment status.
When do these status change and what does each status mean?
8 years ago
Hello,

As for the order status:

Pending - an order has been placed but not paid
Processing - an order has been paid for and is currently being processed - possible scenarios: order needs to be shipped, therefore processed. Payment has not been captured, only authorized - the authorization needs to be done manually, therefore status can still be Processing.

For the payment status:

Paid - payment is done 100%
Pending - A possible scenario would be in a redirect case: the payment is registered with the Pending status, while the user is redirected to a third party website, to do the actual payment. After which a callback is made to your nopCommerce website, which changes the payment status to the appropriate result.
Authorized - the payment has been authorized, and needs to be manually captured - this would cause the Order to have the Processing status
Partially Refunded - only a partial sum has been refunded to the customer
Refunded - funds have been transfered back to the paying customer
Voided - this means the payment has been initially Authorized, and after that Voided - the funds never leave your customers' bacnk account, the sum to be paid is only checked and a lock is put on it. This is the process of Authorization. After an authorization you can either: Capture the payment - funds are transfered to your bank account, or Void - cancel the authorization.

As to the time these statuses change: it depends on the given scenario. If you use Authorize and Capture at the same time, your payment status will never reach Authorized or Voided, it will be either Paid, Refunded or Partially Refunded. ...

Different buttons show on the nopCommerce admin side, depending on the payment status, allowing you to trigger a Capturing of the funds, for example, hence your payment would become Paid.

All this logic is contained in a payment plugin.

Hope this helps.
8 years ago
Not sure I am writing my issue in the right topic. Here is my issue: I have an order where I have selected pick-up in store and pay in store.

In the INFO TAB of the Order details from admin menu, the button for "mark as paid" doesn't do anything. The only thing I can change is to change the order status to "pending, processing, complete or cancelled".  If I understand, it would make sense that the order is paid prior to being completed. But, what do I need to do to be able to actually mark it as paid?

Thanks for your help!
8 years ago
Hello,

The "Mark As Paid" button shows up when the order is in the 'Pending' status.
I just tested on on a nopCommerce 3.70 installation, and after clicking the button, I get a confirmation alert, and if I click OK, the order's status still remains 'Pending', however, the Payment status now turns to 'Paid', and I get a different set of buttons (Refund, Partial Refund etC).

Don't you experience the same behaviour ? It could be that you blocked alerts from your website. If multiple alers show up too often in a period of time, you get a little checkbox saying 'Block alerts from this website'. I think this could be a reason why in your case nothing happens.

You can test this by opening the admin panel in a different browser (or device), and see if you get the alert. If you did block the alerts, you can unblock them, but you'd have to do a google search on that - I'm not sure how, it's something in the browser's settings.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
8 years ago
Hello:

My order is pending and I actually see the button but when I click on it, it simply gets highlighted around the border without doing anything. I have retried, clear the cache file, still the same issue. In my log, I get a lot of the "Application restarted" message, but don't know why. There is no other message to indicate that it's not working but I simply cannot change the state of the payment status. This was working OK in 3.6.
8 years ago
Have you tried a different browser ? To test the scenario where you might have blocked the alerts from the website ?
8 years ago
OK. I've just tried on the Ipad. The order payment got changed to paid status. On my PC am using Google Chrome. But am not sure where to look for any blocking as I have never changed anything.
8 years ago
Try restarting Chrome. This should reset the session, and should re-enable the alerts
8 years ago
Thanks! I have decided to go back to Internet Explorer for now. It seems to be better supported with the application. Just don't know why.
7 years ago
How to change Order, Payment, Shipping Statuses' colors?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.