Shortcut for products with only one variant

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
In many scenarios, products have only one variant. In these case, it would be nice to reduce the number of steps needed to edit variant details.

Please consider revising the Product Variants tab to display the variant immediately rather than the variant list when there is only one variant. The " Add new"button would still be available to add a second variant, and when more than one variant exists, the existing list view would be shown instead.

Thanks for considering,
Gary
14 years ago
I'd second that - anything that speeds up product entry is a good thing.
14 years ago
In my case I need to upload thousands of products (mainly books and DVDs) I did a small  windows application that stature the data in the way I need in one table on my local sql,  and then upload them by when needed to the database (using the connection string)

It uploads (pictures, products, variants, category mapping, specifications mapping)

I am using now the 1.4 database,

I did a test on 5000 books; they took about 2-3 hours to structure the digital data, and about 5 hours to upload.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.