Customer Registration Requirements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
First I would like to say how much nopComm, the team, and the forums kick a$$!

My question pertains to the required fields of the Customer Registration form. We do not wish to remove fields just the requirement to enter data for:

street address
city
post code
telephone number

...any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,

R. Anthony Askins
[email protected]
14 years ago
Look at \Modules\CustomerRegister.ascx file. Just remove not required <asp:RequiredFieldValidator controls
14 years ago
once again Andrei to the rescue!

as always,
Mucho Gusto, amigo!

Sincerly,

R. Anthony Askins
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Look at \Modules\CustomerRegister.ascx file. Just remove not required <asp:RequiredFieldValidator controls

I basically had the same requirement, and followed your suggestion, but now I get a bunch of JavaScript errors when the registration page loads. Any suggestions?
13 years ago
steveives wrote:

I basically had the same requirement, and followed your suggestion, but now I get a bunch of JavaScript errors when the registration page loads. Any suggestions?

I may have found a solution myself. Instead of removing or commenting out the RequiredFieldValidator controls for the address fields, I added an enabled="false" to each. This SEEMS to allow the registration to proceed without those fields, and does not create JS errors on page load.

Does that sound like a reasonable solution?
13 years ago
yes sounds good ,

go ahead.
13 years ago
Isn't just easier to uncheck:

'Phone Number' required:   Check Box

in the 'Configuration'-'Global Settings'- 'Customer Profiles' ?

That solved it for me.
EXCEPT that it still requires phone number DURING CHECKOUT in Shipping and Billing.
How do I remove 'Validation Required' there?
13 years ago
Also in the 'Update Address Book Entry' form in the 'Store' - 'My Account' - 'Customer Addresses'
Phone Number is 'REQUIRED' How do I set to NOT be Required

Also, The Administrator can Remove the Customer Phone # from Billing/Shipping info with no validation required, but the customer is Required to enter a phone number if they edit/modify their Billing/Shipping address info.
13 years ago
The fields on the address edit page use the controls SimpleTextBox.ascx and EmailTextBox.ascx, which both have validation. An easy way to have fields without validation is to duplicate these controls and rename the new files (e.g. SimpleTextBoxNoValidation.ascx), then remove the validation. After that just apply these controls to the fields you want to have no validation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.