Shipping options could not be loaded, USPS, depending on products in cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
help please
8 years ago
if i were to sign up for the nopCommerce premium support services, is this something that i would be able to get help with from the NOP support team?  does the USPS plugin that came with NOP3.6 count as a third party plugin that would not be supported?

i am now finding several more products/combos that are causing this error to happen.
8 years ago
robschoen wrote:
1st product
shipping enabled
weight = 9 lbs
length = 20 in
width = 16
Height = 12

2nd product
shipping enabled
weight = 15
l=36
w=12
h=8

I have now found that if I select another product with the 36x12x8 dimensions that is can go in place of product 2 and still get the error.  

is USPS trying to add the dimensions together and thus becoming too large?

Please provide your origin and shipping addresses. So we can reproduce it locally. Please provide a list of selected options on the plugin configuration page ("Domestic Carrier Services" and "International Carrier Services")
8 years ago
origin is USA, Clinton Twp, MI 48035

Shipping to USA CA 90210 or any zip code in USA (I have tried 48035, 48066, 48313) as that doesn't seem to the be the issue.  if I switch to another country such as Canada or Australia it populates the shipping rates.  

on the "shipping methods" page I have this...

USPS Priority 1-5 day 1 Edit
USPS Express 1-2 Day 2 Edit

on "Shipping method restrictions" I have nothing checked

on "Shipping rate computation methods" I have just active...
USPS (US Postal Service) Shipping.USPS  1

on configure...
url=http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll
un=filled in
pw= filled in
additionall handling = 0
domestic=priority mail express, priority mail
international = priority mail international, priority mail express international

thank you, Rob
8 years ago
Hi Rob,

I've just tested it with these two products in the cart, the same origin ans shipping address (zip 90210). I get the following rate offered - "USPS Standard Post® ($159.92)". I also get two other shipping options ("USPS Priority Mail Express 2-Day™" and "USPS Priority Mail 2-Day™") when I ship 6 such products (3 of each). But on the plugin configuration page I have "Priority Mail Express", "Priority Mail", "Standard Post" options enabled for "Domestic Carrier Services".

I would recommend you contacting USPS support. Please ask them to debug your requests (provide them your username). They may also ask you to provide a complete XML request string sent to USPS service. You can get it by debugging the code ("GetShippingOptions" method of \Nop.Plugin.Shipping.USPS\USPSComputationMethod.cs file)
8 years ago
is there a way to get the xml request string without needing visual studio?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.