Azure Blob Storage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello awesome NopCommerce Community!

So I created a blob storage account in Azure and included the connection string, container name and end point within my Web.Config.

I can see the images on my azure blob storage but in Media Settings the "Pictures are stored into...:" still displays "File System". do I have to press the "Change" button or everything is saved and retrieved to and from azure blob?
8 years ago
Original images are stored on file system or database (as per media settings). But thumbs are stored on Azure.
8 years ago
Nice thank you!
8 years ago
If we're already using Azure this is very tempting. But are there pros and cons to use that anyone is aware of?
8 years ago
madmunsterdaddy wrote:
If we're already using Azure this is very tempting. But are there pros and cons to use that anyone is aware of?

Using Azure Blob storage is recommended when you're using multiple instance. It's more faster & better in that case.
7 years ago
I just am testing on azure storage. do setting like image stored in file system.
configuration file looks like:
<WebFarms MultipleInstancesEnabled="False" RunOnAzureWebsites="True" />
<AzureBlobStorage ConnectionString="DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;*******" />

under the folder: Content\Images\Thumbs, all files will be on azure storage.
but the folder Contents/Images, the files still stay with web folder on web server. is it correct?

so for multiple instance, how to deploy this folder Contents/Images?

Thanks,
6 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Original images are stored on file system or database (as per media settings). But thumbs are stored on Azure.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It's really great that nopcommerce providing option to store the original images in file system or database.

We would like to know is there any other option to store the original images as well in azure.  

Because our hosting company provides only the limited storage also taking the backup/download is very hard.  If we can store the original images in azure in separate container it would be great.

Also we request you to load the related products dynamically instead of hardcoded products.  Because its a time taking process also if we unpublish the products it wont shown in the list in this case if we want to show the 10 related products to the user it becomes 9.  If we could manage this through admin panel it would be great.  We customized the code to load dynamically by calling search products method we have done it.  But it would be better if we can manage through admin panel options like setting number of products to show in related products, include the same category products, include the same vendor products or by specification attributes etc.

Thanks
4 years ago
prasad1709 wrote:

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It's really great that nopcommerce providing option to store the original images in file system or database.

We would like to know is there any other option to store the original images as well in azure.  

Because our hosting company provides only the limited storage also taking the backup/download is very hard.  If we can store the original images in azure in separate container it would be great.

Also we request you to load the related products dynamically instead of hardcoded products.  Because its a time taking process also if we unpublish the products it wont shown in the list in this case if we want to show the 10 related products to the user it becomes 9.  If we could manage this through admin panel it would be great.  We customized the code to load dynamically by calling search products method we have done it.  But it would be better if we can manage through admin panel options like setting number of products to show in related products, include the same category products, include the same vendor products or by specification attributes etc.

Thanks

Hello. Did u end up using azure blob storage for all files? Original image files and regular uploads?
3 years ago
a.m. wrote:

I have a already deployed nopcommerce website on azure web app  service. Now i created blob storage account and configured it in nopcommerce code as well but after restarting the website it shows internal server error that path of images folder is not correct. Do i need to do something else to move my data from sql server to blob storage and get my website running as previously?.
And as well will it help me save sql server storage as i am already overusing it from my limited free quota of 1Gb.
3 years ago
Kalyan.ayush wrote:
I have a already deployed nopcommerce website on azure web app  service. Now i created blob storage account and configured it in nopcommerce code as well but after restarting the website it shows internal server error that path of images folder is not correct. Do i need to do something else to move my data from sql server to blob storage and get my website running as previously?.
And as well will it help me save sql server storage as i am already overusing it from my limited free quota of 1Gb.

Now i am able to run my website but the images are not showing in my website. They are still there in images folder, do i need to move them to blob storage if yes how?
Or do i need to delete all of them and reupload?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.