Header Menu-Home Page----New Products----etc

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
This menu...since the beginning for me....has "wrapped" the "US" in Contact Us to the next line and centered it.  Looks really weird.  

What do I need to modify to correct this?  I tried to modify .css for header and header menu...but that caused the left column (categories, etc) to show beneath the home page content.

Thanks
14 years ago
I guess you are using nop Classic theme

and looks like you have enables "Blog" as well as "Forum"

this is a bug in nopClassic theme, you have to wide the width of the body in order to get rid of this problem

OR just disable or remove any other menu like "new product" as it is already available in Information Section
14 years ago
in admin area,

change home page into home

then everything should be fine.
14 years ago
I am not finding that area in admin- I would like to change the names of the menu links slightly- is this possible??

Also, can I lose some of the links under "information" in the sidebar? I don't want shipping and returns and new products to show up.  It's probably a simple matter of un-checking something somewhere...

Thanks in advance!

SHONDY
14 years ago
In order to modify menus on the top menu bar

Go to admin section > Content Management > Localization

select your language

You will get a huge list, try to find this :

Content.HomePage  Home page    Edit (Click on EDIT and change homa page to whatever name you want to give)

---------------------

Talking about Information section, it is not possible to maintain(add / remove) information section links from the admin section

In order to add/remove links from Information section, in your source code, Check out nopCommerce Folder / modules / infoblock.ascx

You will see links like this:

<li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/PAGE.aspx")%>">
                <%=GetLocaleResourceString("PAGE.Link")%></a> </li>

You can manage links from here by commenting them or removing them
14 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply- I was going to comment them out like you suggested.  

SHONDY
14 years ago
One more quick question- I would like to change the verbage "featured products".  I am finding in the "ProductsInGrid.ascx" file that there is reference to this here:

<div class="title">
            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Products.FeaturedProducts")%>
        </div>

Is this where I would make the changes?  (not as ASP guy- sorry!)

if not where?  I am not afraid to hack a little code, but I don't want to break the thing completely.

SHONDY
14 years ago
you need to edit the resource string - look here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3590
14 years ago
Got it- thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.