Options to integrate with DNN as a Module? Anyone done that before?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Any easy way that I can make this great solution a DNN Module? Anyone done that before?
It'll be great if this wonderful ecommerce system can work with DNN. I need a ecommerce solution that can process downloadable products, and would work with DNN.

Cheers
15 years ago
I like your idea, but you have to know that this will be a hell of a lot of work, as you need to create lots and lots of DNN modules.
Basically the complete NopCommerceWeb-Directory has to be rebuilt for DNN. You can use the libraries, even though you have to make some small changes to nop's authentication system, as you need to integrate with the DNN security (ok, not need, but should). Another challenge would be to create the DNN pages with the correct modules at the correct time...

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, this is just my humble opinion.

Cheers,
hoppi
14 years ago
Converting to modules... yikes.  That's a DNN dream, but maintaining nopCommerce upgrades would be outrageous!  Might be better to integrate just the authentication.  Run the nopCommerce in a virtual directory under your portal.  Just some thoughts... haven't done it.
14 years ago
Hello,

I am new to all these technologies, so I am struggling a but. My main site is dnn and I am trying to integrate with NOP.
What I would like to do is setup a link or links to NOP from my site. But I'd like to somehow integrate the authentication.
So that when someone registers on my main site, they automatically get registered on NOP. Then when they click to NOP site, they should be automatically logged in. If they are unauthenticated in DNN, then they should remain unauthenticated in NOP.

I am thinking that the auto-creation of registered users could be done via SQL triggers.

How difficult would it be do do all of this? Do you have any of this underway?

Thanks,
David Schlesinger
13 years ago
hi all,

I've just converted nopCommerce 1.80 into a DotNetNuke module. For more info, please visit my website at http://www.sysdatanet.com

I hope you like it.

Luca Boscolo
Nottingham UK
13 years ago
hi all,

I've just converted nopCommerce 1.80 into a DotNetNuke module. For more info, please visit my website at http://www.sysdatanet.com

I hope you like it.

Luca Boscolo
Nottingham UK
12 years ago
Sysdatanet did some work on this but they appear to be out of business.

Here at Information Results, we have worked extensively with DNN (since IBuySpy!) and nopCommerce (since V1.6).  Would be interested in partnering on an effort to integrate the two.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.