Replacing nopCommerce Logo with Your Own Company Logo

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I've read through several suggestions on the subject in this forum, and I am sorry to say I still don't get it.
I don't get how to do the replacement.  I am using the latest nopCommerce release 1.5 (in darkOrange if that matters).

In my App_Themes folder I have five subfolders: Administration, DarkOrange, nopClassic, Install  and Print.
The first four all have image subfolders. In one of them (Administration) there is a logo.gif file that's relevant. It displays the happy polka dot theme of the nopCommerce classic, such as you are viewing in your favicon right now.  However, that's not the logo image used in DarkOrange (skin?).  That one looks like an gray oval with bold black "nop" and dark orange "Commerce" inside. I cannot seem to find that image in any of the folders to replace it with my own.

Where the heck is it hiding? If someone can provide me an actual path, I'd be most grateful.

Also, a message to the nopFolks in the hero city of Yaroslavl: why didn't you put an option in Global Settings just above the favicon for the user to upload his/her own logo?  Changing up the logo in the top left corner is something that ALL of your featured websites did; yet implementing that appears to be...ahem.   Nu, stranno, gospoda. Ya chto-to ne vrubaus'.

Oh, and I do not have an editor to alter the code.  My hope is that there is an image file upload option.

Thanks in advance.
- Ilya
14 years ago
never mind. i think i finally got it.
14 years ago
Could you please post how and where you do this so the rest of us new users stand a chance :-) Thanks
14 years ago
Mad Dog,
It's a bit of an artifact of my GoDaddy interface; the rest of it is/was my stupidity.
The gif files were there all along in the folder (actual path: nopcommerce/App_Themes/DarkOrange/images),
but the new upgraded FileManager using IIS-7 in GoDaddy.com, I never saw that there were
3 pages of files.  Maybe it was because I just upgraded to IIS-7 from 6, there I had no idea
there might be additional pages with images in that folder.  Then, two things happened when I
reoaded the page: I noticed the image files, arranged alphabetically, ended at the "i"'s (remember,
we are looking to replace logo.gif file), and secondly an icon for scrolling to additional pages and
displaying 25 or 50 files/page option appeared.

The irony of this is that were it not for the utter shittiness of the GoDaddy's ftp interface (after I
upload a single file, the upload option disappears until I refresh the page), I would never have
refreshed & noticed other pages.

I am now working on the styles.css page to scale the image of the logo to my proportions.
It is not quite <a href="http://www.perfecthindsight.com/perfecthindsight/nopcommerce/">working </a> http://www.perfecthindsight.com/perfecthindsight/nopcommerce/ (if my tags are off).
At least now I know that I am in the midst of java script which I know for a fact that I do not at all know :).

I still stand by my original puzzlement as to why this logo image changeover is NOT a standard
customization option in one of the Configuration sub-menus along with the favicon.

Sorry for the longish post; I will continue to periodically post the struggles of a non-programmer as he tries
to customize nopCommerce for his capitalistic needs.   It seems that everybody else here in the Forum
is some sort of an IT professional, be it web designers, admins, or java code experts. I am but a
mortal.
- ilya
14 years ago
Thanks ilya,

at first that made no sense to me at all as I was only using the Administration side of the package.. but now it makes sense :-) and yes I agree it would make life a lot easier if that was a standard on board front end option..

Thanks Mad Dog
14 years ago
I too have all the same problems, the code I know you could put in a thimble!  Hien Khieu with USA Support Systems has helped me a bunch.  He upgraded my site from 1.3 to 1.5 and then fixed my errors when I "dallied" in styles.css and caused a bunch of errors...taking down my site.  He got me up and running again and even taught me a couple of things so I wouldn't do it again!

I think this is amazing software and can't believe it is free!  I feel that the struggles I am having are something I can eventually learn and in the end will have an amazing site...I have paid a thousand dollars for software before this that didn't have all the features that this has....

Good luck...and these forums help a lot also...I have always had several respond to my questions before...no matter how simple they may be to others.  I do take the time to look over the forums real well before I post to make sure that my question hasn't already been asked and answered...and I learn a little more at the same time.
13 years ago
I'm very new to nopCommerce and want to find out whether there are any requirements for the logo.gif file. I asked this because I tried to replace the existing logo.gif file with another file in the Images folders of the themes folders in both themes but was unable to see the change reflected on my site.

Any advices will be greatly appreciated.
13 years ago
Thanks for sharing the information.......
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.