Lost session in compiled application

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hello everybody,

First I want to apologize because my English is very bad. I'm new in asp.net and nop_commerce of course.
I have the following problem.

1.- When I run the application on my localhost with source files all goes well.

2.- However if I create a site on my localhost using the "publish web site" (visual studio 2008 command) whenever I press the button to "add to shoppingCart", nothing happens. I noticed the table Nop_ShoppingCartItem and a new record is created, but the message "shopping cart is empty" is displayed everytime.

It seems a new session is created each time I press the button.

suggestions?
15 years ago
are cookies enabled in your browser?
15 years ago
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
are cookies enabled in your browser?

Sorry about the delay in my reply, I've been disconnected from this project during this time.

The problem was that there was no reference to System.Core in the project compiled.

Already solved, thanks
14 years ago
Hello,

I have this same problem. Selected product is add to the Nop_ShoppingCartItem table, but the CustomerSessionGUID is new for every time. The CreatedOn date is two hours less than system time.

Cookies are enabled.
13 years ago
We are having the same problem with the compiled application running on a webserver.  The customer sessionID is being lost.  The product is being added to the basket, but is not being retrieved (hence showing empty shopping basket) as the customer session id has changed. The problem only occurs for Guests and not for logged in customers.

Our current guess is that URL rewriting us causing the problem, but we are open to suggestions.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Leeanne
13 years ago
For anyone reading this with a similar problem, the solution for us was here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5364/help-customersession-is-empty-when-rewriting-urls-from-aspx-to-html.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.