Free software for professional Web Developers (100$ exit fee after 3 years)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
The Express Editions are free to download and use.

This offer is for Visual Studio 2010 Professional. Once you subscribe to the program you can download both the key and the software while logged in. The key is also good for activating the demo/trial version to the Pro version.

You also get one key for each of the following products:
Expression Studio 4 Premium
Expression Studio 4 Web Professional
Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition
SQL Server 2008 R2 Web Edition

One difference here as opposed to Action Pack or other Microsoft Offers is the Server 2008 Web and SQL Server 2008 Web keys are production licenses, not just development and testing.

At the end of the three year period you have the option to purchase the software.
13 years ago
There is no longer an exit fee:)
13 years ago
The "big brother" to the website spark program is the Bizspark program. You have to be a software startup based on MS technology, and have a sponsoring organization represent you if I recall. My company Setiri has been a member for a couple years now, it's a good program.
12 years ago
I am a member of Bizpark; after you apply and disclose to them the nature of your business etc (which they will investigate to ensure you are indeed incorporated or you are who you say you are) this takes about 2-3 days.

Once you are issued a username and password, you are given access to the same site as a paying MSDN subscriber (whom, by the way pay USD 10,000.00!!!)

You can then proceed to download all the software you please. I should mention you have access to every single product Microsoft publishes, from Office Pro to Servers, Sharepoint...I mean absolutely everything! At least that is what I was given.

When you click on the link to a particular software package you are interested in, you are displayed all the versions available to your level of subscription, up to "Professional". There is a button for requesting a product key, once you press the button, you are given the product key. Write it down, install and enjoy!!

That is how I am able to operate nopCommerce: I've got Visual Studio Pro 2010, SQL Server 2008, Silverlight etc.

I highly recommend it!!!

Robert L.
12 years ago
Robert, that is correct, but the software does still have applicable licensing etc.. just so we don't give the wrong impression ;)
12 years ago
Hi

I just joined and wish to use NOP commerce for my online store.
Can someone reverify webspark? I can't see any VS2010 professional downloads
It says VS2010 Express which I already have and does not work

Thanks
12 years ago
Express can be downloaded free without any subsciption or anything. You can take a look at the following page, its VS Prof.
http://www.microsoft.com/web/websitespark/support.aspx?tab=ProgramDetails
12 years ago
I'm new and interested in this program, so I'd just like to confirm after the 3 years, do I just pay $100/$0 for all the softwares I used if my business has not made a profit?  Or do I have to pay for all or some of the softwares I used in the past 3 years if my business has made a profit?  And, if I want to continue after 3 years do I have to pay for the MSDN in full to continue?  Thanks -ray.
12 years ago
ray I am sorry, but this is not the right place to ask such questions. This is a nopCommerce forum. It would be more helpful and authentic if you ask these questions from a Microsoft representative or on the microsoft forum. Thank you.
12 years ago
infiniti wrote:
ray I am sorry, but this not the right place to ask such questions. This is a nopCommerce forum. It would be more helpful and authentic if you ask these questions from a Microsoft representative or on the microsoft forum. Thank you.

Sorry inifiniti.  I thought you guys are discussing about the BizSpark program and how it works?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.