Cart Price calculation bug in 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
here is how it happens :

say we have a product that costs 100$.

create a couple of attributes for the product as follows
Attribute1 : 5$
Attribute2 : 10$

Add a Tiered price : 2 and above : 90$

now go shopping for that product. all elements a re listed ok. select the 10$ atribute and add product to the cart.
the price displayed does not include the extra attribute and cost.

the problem is that the Attributes extra cost is not added if there is a tiered pricing. the price is calculated correctly only if the number of products added falls within a price tier.

there is even a case where only the attribute name is added to the selected product on the cart but not the extra cost.

each of the features (attributes and tiered pricing) alone work fine. both together dont.
14 years ago
I could be wrong but I believe that is not a bug but merely a feature.
14 years ago
It's by design. If you go to product variant details page > tier prices, then you'll see the following message 'Tier prices are applied only to product variant price (and not applied to product attributes).'
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
It's by design. If you go to product variant details page > tier prices, then you'll see the following message 'Tier prices are applied only to product variant price (and not applied to product attributes).'

i don't think we are talking about the same thing. it is a good choice that tiered pricing are applied to product price only and not attributes.

but adding the attribute extra cost to the product price is necessary when the attribute is selected. It does not matter if tiered pricing have been applied or not . All I need is Product price P

once i have that price , attributes costs have to be added.

that is what is not happening and i believe it is wrong simply because tiered pricing gives you the advantage of lowering the price when Qty is higher. but does not eliminate the costs of the extra features . here is an example:

1 Laptop costs 1500;
Buy 2 and pay 1300 (tiered price)

this would give you a cart value of $1500 if you add 1 item to your cart and 2600$ if you add 2 laptops to your cart

OK so far so good.

Now we throw in a larger hard drive for an EXTRA 50$. here things change:

1 - if you buy one laptop and select the extra hard drive, the cost should be 1550
2 - if you select 2 laptops and with the Extra hard drive : the price should be : (1300 + 50) *2

this is not happening and the extra 50$ extra is not added to the price even if selected and that is happening only if the product has tiered pricing.

Sorry but that IS A BUG.
13 years ago
Hi,
I have the same problem. Tiered prices an price adjustments via attributes. If this 'feature' is not supported, is there any workaround for that?
13 years ago
B.S. wrote:
Hi,
I have the same problem. Tiered prices an price adjustments via attributes. If this 'feature' is not supported, is there any workaround for that?

Hi, as far as i ca tell right now, the issue is not even recognized as a bug. as you see in the previous posts, they say it was intended to be.

each feature(tiered pricing and attribute price ) alone works fine, both together do not make sens at all. so for now do not create a product that uses both features.

Regards.
13 years ago
Yes, definately an issue which should be noted by users, it could easily land some storeowners in trouble ( and maybe debt)

Personally, I think the logic of the cart tier price should be specifically applied to the BASE price of a product and allow attribute price adjustments to be calculated and added to the product total

If it is not classed as a bug then I think there should be some other mechanism in place to stop tier prices being used with a product which has attribute price adjustments.

We know that by design,  ' Tier prices are applied only to product variant price (and not applied to product attributes). '

But there is problem in that if tier prices are applied to a product with attributes which have price adjustment, then none of the price adjustments will be applied to the product (even if the tier quantity is not reached)

The best example is from nop demo store 'build your own pc' - base price £ 1,200.00

Try adding this (1 item) to your cart and add all the highest upgrades, the price should be  £ 1,485.00

Now, if you create  a tier price for 2 or more base units at  £ 1,150.00 per unit and refresh your cart, the price should remain
£ 1,485.00 (because you only have 1 item in your cart) but it does not do this ( it resets to the  base price of £ 1,200.00)

Then if you change the quantity to 2 items ( with all the upgrades) the tier price is applied and the total is £ 2,300.00  (the tier price for the 2 base prices) but still, all the additional attribute prices have been ignored, the actual price (including tier discount )
should be £ 2,870.00

EDIT
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/8575
13 years ago
i have been trying to say that all along. there is an issue and either should be fixed or prevent both features from existing together on a product. unfortunately, nobody wanted to listen and verify what i have posted except both of you guys despite the weight and seriousness of this issue.

Thanks.
13 years ago
Thanks. It'll be fixed in the next release
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.