Arvixe Issues: Anyone else having problems at the moment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I've used Arvixe for a while now and I think I'm going to have to jump ship. We've got sites down and it's really embarrassing as they can't give me an answer to when they will be back up. I'm also suppored to be doing a show and tell this week for a customer.

To top it all I just went to update a ticket and got a 'Method not implemented Error' Nice touch.
8 years ago
Hi!

There is a lot of posts about Arvixe problems.

You should try another host service, we are using 1and1 and godaddy with 100% uptime for several months.

Ivan.
8 years ago
We have a client from Nigeria. He used  Arvixe. He was bored and moved to  Rackspace.
8 years ago
ivanslater wrote:
Hi!

There is a lot of posts about Arvixe problems.

You should try another host service, we are using 1and1 and godaddy with 100% uptime for several months.

Ivan.

I might need to move, such a pain. From what I've heard about Godaddy I think that might be a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire.

I'm looking at Everleap, anyone got any experiences using them for nop?
8 years ago
We have a dedicated host there, so we got no problems once only us manage the server.

I don't know about other plans, sorry.
8 years ago
We have just started to use SmarterAsp.net and have found them a good service provider so far.

We used Arvixe a month ago and we were not happy with their hosting service.
*Random 500 Internal Server Errors occur
*Their server clocks run with a difference of around 2.5 minutes with GMT/UTC. I did contact them but they said their servers are automatically synced. (Not much of an issue, but indeed, some of security plugins don't work in this scenario)
*They have put a weird 10MB upload limit and they say it's because of security issue. I don't understand how a file of 100MB can cause a security issue that a 1KB file can't.
*The unzipping of zip files start giving errors of long paths. And you can't move around the files by unzipping to another location, because it won't replace existing files.
*Both hosting and database servers are on the same servers, so that might be a reason for frequent and random 500 errors.

**may be more...

I think even if they are offering hosting for a cheap price, they should make it flexible enough to use it.
8 years ago
I cosign SmarterASP.

I have a few accounts with them, Shared and Dedicated.  They've been great.
6 years ago
Finally, I am quit from the nightmare, Arvixe is the worst hosting ever, their support is worst, hosting always down, and with this kind of service, they still want to increase the hosting price recently. Luckily I am now changing to SmarterAsp.net , SmarterAsp.net is cheaper and a lot more stable and quicker than arvixe.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.