Avoid Arvixe for Hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I have been with Arvixe for a few months now and all was ok until Saturday the 9th. I contacted the support to get a upload increase for my site to 500Mb 220mb was the biggest i can upload.. Well that went ok and they did it.

But then i was having all kinds of issues the biggest file i could have upload was 7mb and then boom site went corrupt. I tried to restore the file in cpanel using R1Soft and got this warning.

Warning! You are attempting to use an invalid control panel ID to login.

ALL LOGIN ATTEMPTS WILL FAIL.

If you think you are seeing these messages in error, please contact your Backup Manager.

Well here is were the hell started. for six days i have been told the same thing over and over and over

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However I have updated one of our senior admin regarding the issue. He is currently working on it. Your ticket will be updated as soon as possible.

I asked them to restore site one and they restore site two. Well for six days this back and forth was going on and on. Until i said if i don't get it resolved then i will be forced to move.

Do think they cared lol no they did not my site remanded the same. Well its now Thursday the 14th do think the site is up yet well nope still down. So now i am a little upset so i paid for a new account with HostGator to get things going. I requested a cancellation and for it to take effect on the 29th. Well they cant answer tickets with issues but guess what the terminated my account in a matter of minutes yep that's right I requested it 4clock and by 5oclock boom gone when it clearly states it in the ticket.

A new cancellation request has been submitted.

Client ID: 341702
Client Name: Richard Lowe
Service ID: 373182
Product Name: PersonalClass
Cancellation Type: End of Billing Period
Cancellation Reason: Please read all my tickets that have yet been answered. also the chats that i have had.

Your online chat agents are great. your admin support sucks. One site has been down for six days. Six that's bad.

R1soft not working. Site been down. And i cant get my back up of my site.

Sucks . This is the worst experience i have ever had. I will tell people about Arvixe.com i will tell them the support sucks.

I am also paying 7.00 for class pro i am not even getting that.

Yep that's right sad is it not.

Well the 15th that's today i went on line to ask why this was done and here was the conversation.

Chat ID: 19715120 Initial Question: Why was my account terminated.?
8:56:36 AMNithin A Could you provide the username and the Support Code which you can obtain from your client area at the URL https://customers.arvixe.com/clientarea.php under the Support Options.
8:56:39 AMNithin A Welcome to Chat Support. I am Nithin. I will review your question and get back to you.
8:56:59 AMRichard Good Morning,
8:57:14 AMNithin A Good Morning Richard.
8:57:43 AMRichard Why was my account terminated ? when i asked for it to be canceled at end of billing the 29th of this month
8:58:32 AMRichard My tickets can not be answered but you just termanated my account.
8:59:10 AMRichard i waited 6 days to get one thing fixed but in one day my account was terminated why?
8:59:23 AMNithin A Could you provide the username and the Support Code which you can obtain from your client area at the URL https://customers.arvixe.com/clientarea.php under the Support Options.
8:59:35 AMNithin A Also could you provide the ticket ID?
8:59:39 AMRichard I need my site back up so i can migrate my sites now
9:00:07 AMRichard 341xxx-xxxx I still have domains there will be soon gone
9:00:49 AMRichard Its clearly in the ticket.
9:01:02 AMRichard A new cancellation request has been submitted. Client ID: 341702 Client Name: Richard Lowe Service ID: 373182 Product Name: PersonalClass Cancellation Type: End of Billing Period see it right here why did you terminated my account b4 time.
9:01:39 AMNithin A Could you provide the ticket ID?
9:02:38 AMRichard FLS-363-95416
9:04:41 AMNithin A Thank you. I am working on it.
9:11:47 AMNithin A I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However I have updated one of our senior admin regarding the issue. He is currently working on it. Your ticket will be updated as soon as possible
9:13:05 AMRichard You coming with this same thing no one has ever did nothing why are you guys doing me like this. for the last six days i was told this and the ticket has yet been answered.
9:14:19 AMNithin A I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However I have updated the admin working on it. I can understand your frustration. We will provide you with the backup of the site.
9:14:39 AMRichard What type of company is this.? I paid my invoices on time. i never abused any of you. i never broke any of your terms why why iam i being treated this way.
9:15:41 AMRichard I need a backup from the 7,8,9 please. also what abount the rest of the month what i paid for.?
9:15:54 AMRichard 7,8 or 9th sorry
9:16:19 AMNithin A Sure. We will provide you the backup. We are really thankful for the patience you have shown towards us all along. We do understand the importance of your business to you, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
9:16:59 AMNithin A We will also make sure you are refunded the credit for unused terms.
9:17:35 AMRichard When and how i will recive the backup and refund?
9:20:39 AMNithin A Well, our admins are working on it. I do not have the exact information regarding it. However our billing admin will update you regarding it.
9:22:01 AMRichard Thank you. But this is the worst experience ever.
9:23:08 AMRichard one unhappy customer is a lot of money in this type of businesses.
9:23:36 AMNithin A Yes, I can totally understand your frustration.
9:23:57 AMNithin A I will make sure, you will be updated shortly.
9:24:10 AMRichard word of mouth can hurt a company but they seem to just not care.
9:24:20 AMRichard have a good day Sir.

There it is in bold funny right. well i went back later and here is the conversation.

Chat ID: 19724765 Initial Question: I am still waiting on my file
12:11:20 PMNithin A Welcome to Chat Support. I am Nithin. I will review your question and get back to you.
12:11:23 PMNithin A How may I assist you today?
12:12:18 PMRichard Hello its me again i still have not recived my backup or a refund. The site is not that big i need to get my sites back up
12:13:40 PMNithin A I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However we have already escalated the issue. This will be resolved shortly. You will be updated via ticket.
12:13:55 PMNithin A Unfortunately I can not provide the exact ETA on it.
12:14:35 PMRichard lol Nithin do you take me for a fool ?
12:15:07 PMRichard This is the same thing you told me six days ago and nothing has happen yet
12:15:34 PMRichard with the restoring of my site
12:16:14 PMNithin A No Richard. However I do not have access to the backup. It can be only done by our senior admin. We have already undated them.
12:17:01 PMNithin A Unfortunately there is nothing much I can do regarding it. However we will make sure, that you are updated shortly.
12:19:24 PMRichard Well that's fine if i get my backup or not i am going to share this with the world starting with https://www.nopcommerce.com/ stay tuned. I am fed up and i do not like the way i am treated here. i am an admin on a few sites i will show case this information to over 1,000,000,000 members.
12:19:47 PMRichard I have all the chat. tickets and screen shots of this matter.
12:20:52 PM
Nithin A
We do understand the importance of your business to you, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

And guess what folks the ticket has not be created open or answered.

Now on another note they have to packages personal class and personal class pro. and here are what they offer.

personal class offers 6 add on domains  were personal class pro is unlimited.
personal class is for 4.00 a month and personal class pro is for 7.00. well guess what i was getting 5 addon domains and i was paying 7.00 a month. I open a ticket and asked this.

Author: Richard Lowe <[email protected]>

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:52 PST

Hello i am making this ticket for the fact that i am paying 7.00 a month for the Personal class pro. With this i am to get unlimited domains. I am only able to 5 were as your personal class offers 6.

Under my cpanel i see this Addon Domains  3 / 5.

Personal class is for 4.00 with 6 Addon Domains.

Personal class Pro is for 7.00 with unlimited Addon Domains.

I am paying 7.00 a month with 5 Addon Domains.?

Please correct my account to reflect what i am paying for.

Thank you.

Do you think it was answer lol nope. i replied with this.

Author: Richard lowe <[email protected]>

Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 13:06 PST

You can close this ticket for i will be moving my accounts and do not need this to be done.

Notice the 24 hours apart when i sent this.

Now i got this answer.

Author: Arvixe Support (Staff)

Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 19:15 PST

Hi!

No problem at all!

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions or concerns.

Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Justin W.
Technical Support

A short time apart lol. Also notice this is a billing ticket but why is there a Technical Support agent answering the ticket.

When you go to a support chat asking billing information they tell you i have to go to the and same with the billing department do you see what i see. They are all the same people.

So when they say they have escalated it. Its to him self and push you aside.

Avoid them there support sucks and it do not worth the headache.

Sorry i know this was long but it needed to be said.
8 years ago
Richard,

Sad to know this! Its better to avoid them and move to a good hosting company. We have been using SmarterASP for some time now, and found their support very responsive and professional.

Others have good experience with them as well!

Alternatively, you can move your site on Azure too!

Regards,
8 years ago
Site on Azure will be better.
8 years ago
Hi Richard,

I also read that they are facing many issues right now. You can consider to migrate your site, you can check asphostportal hosting plan
8 years ago
Well I was with Smarter ASP and still have my vps there. They have a great customer care and support. Now I am moving from Smarterasp to Azure bc I needed my data center in Europe. I am very happy with Azure. So fast and great options that you won't be able to find in others. I still have one of my websites in Smarterasp and I will keep it.

For better performance try Azure!!!
8 years ago
I will recommend www.samrterasp.net We host 10+ website with 12 000+ products and all websites works fast with no issues. Also, hosting price is acceptable.
6 years ago
Finally, I am quit from the nightmare, Arvixe is the worst hosting ever, their support is worst, hosting always down, and with this kind of service, they still want to increase the hosting price recently. Luckily I am now changing to SmarterAsp.net , SmarterAsp.net is cheaper and a lot more stable and quicker than arvixe.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.