PayPal express checkout plugin: Mixup between Euros and GBP currencies

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi fellow nopCommerce store owners.

Wondered if anybody could help me with a problem I have regarding either the default store currency convertor plugin or Paypal Express plugin. I use both GBP and Euros on my site with GBP being the primary currency, problems first started when the default currency converter stopped working early December 2015, since then  have been manually added the correct currency values against the GBP. The problem is now, when customers choose euros the conversion is correct on the site, but soon as they go to use Paypal Express, the conversion goes all wrong for example;

Product is £100 and converts to €131, on the site, when reaching Paypal Express the total is shown as €100 instead of €131, is this a problem with the plugin, or some Paypal setting somewhere, I'm sure this worked fine before the currency plugin broke.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

btw: My store is nopCommerce v3.6
7 years ago
I have the same problem, any suggestion ??
7 years ago
Hi,

I didn't manage to solve the issue in particular, but did create a work-around, where if the user selects a currency other that GBP, the Paypal Express button is disabled and hidden, using the standard Paypal provider which seems to work ok.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
7 years ago
thank you so much!!

it seems very strange that it is not being remedied... others as they do? the payment system paypal express for my experience is useful.

unfortunately I do not have the ability to change the plugin. I have tried to set the different currency in paypal express plugin but I get error that the currency must be the same as the cart...
7 years ago
What version of nopCommerce are you using?
Are you using a exchange rate provider plugin?  (Which one?)
Do the exchange rates look OK in your admin currency list?
Is your "Update currency exchange rates" sched task running?  (last success date?)
7 years ago
hello thank you so much for reply.

I use the 3.70 version of nopCommerce. The problem is not about converting currency. i use ECB exhange rate provider and everything is ok.

My primary currency is EUR. If a customer sees in USD when he goes to pay through paypal express the currency is "USD"  while  the value of the amount is in EUR

I have to try to use it for now duplicate the entire site and DB .. but is not comfortable .. :-)
7 years ago
The PayPal Express source code does not have any reference to "Currency", so it looks like custom coding is required.
6 years ago
Does anybody know if this issue is still present in the plugin.
.. And if so does anybody have a code fix or workaround.

Thanks
Kevin Fisher
5 years ago
Experiencing the same issue also. It doesn't seem to support multi-currency. Has anybody managed to solve this?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.