Paypal error codes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi all,

When a customer tries to place an order online, and gets an error code due to fraud filters - number or security code mismatch - address mismatch and so on - a code shows up - 15005, 11065 xxxxx what ever - can those codes be translated into something we can understand ? Like " You entered a wrong card number " or "Wrong security code" ??

Also a unrelated question, I have had some (6-7 orders) of customers using stolen credit card numbers, and sending to a freight forwarder - I court onto them, and got that stopped, but I wanted more safety from paypal, so I tried to enable the advanced filters with no luck....  Contacted paypal 4 times over 2 months before paypal finally enabled the filters...

Is there another credit card processor that is better than paypal ? I always thought the fee I pay paypal were to keep me from loosing money on fraud, now after $2000+ charge backs, I know that paypal only protects the buyer, the seller have all the risk.

Thank you for any help and advise !

Kenn Larsen
8 years ago
larsenlights wrote:
Hi all,

When a customer tries to place an order online, and gets an error code due to fraud filters - number or security code mismatch - address mismatch and so on - a code shows up - 15005, 11065 xxxxx what ever - can those codes be translated into something we can understand ? Like " You entered a wrong card number " or "Wrong security code" ??

Also a unrelated question, I have had some (6-7 orders) of customers using stolen credit card numbers, and sending to a freight forwarder - I court onto them, and got that stopped, but I wanted more safety from paypal, so I tried to enable the advanced filters with no luck....  Contacted paypal 4 times over 2 months before paypal finally enabled the filters...

Is there another credit card processor that is better than paypal ? I always thought the fee I pay paypal were to keep me from loosing money on fraud, now after $2000+ charge backs, I know that paypal only protects the buyer, the seller have all the risk.

Thank you for any help and advise !

Kenn Larsen

Go through the following https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errorcodes/ . It may help you.
8 years ago
Thank you,

Here is an example of what a customer sees if credit card is declined :

Payment error: LongMessage: This transaction cannot be processed. ShortMessage: Processor Decline ErrorCode: 15005

This does not tell the customer that the security code is entered wrong, so some customers give up. It should say something like : Wrong security code.... Not just error code 15005.

How do I get that to show in NOP ?

Kenny
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.