Paypal Driect Recurring payments - DPRP is disabled

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello:

I have Paypal Direct and it is working fine.

I have added the recurring payments feature with Paypal.

Set up a product with recurring payments and on checkout I get a;

Payment error: LongMessage: DPRP is disabled for this merchant. ShortMessage: DPRP is disabled. ErrorCode: 11586

According to Paypal it is a setting with the shopping cart because all they see is that the feature is on.

I am not sure where to look in NOP.It seems the only thing to do is check the product for recurring.

I saw in the 2015 posting someone say we needed to use Paypal 'legacy' but I think that is obsolete.

Any guidance?

thanks!
8 years ago
realdigital wrote:
Hello:

I have Paypal Direct and it is working fine.

I have added the recurring payments feature with Paypal.

Set up a product with recurring payments and on checkout I get a;

Payment error: LongMessage: DPRP is disabled for this merchant. ShortMessage: DPRP is disabled. ErrorCode: 11586

According to Paypal it is a setting with the shopping cart because all they see is that the feature is on.

I am not sure where to look in NOP.It seems the only thing to do is check the product for recurring.

I saw in the 2015 posting someone say we needed to use Paypal 'legacy' but I think that is obsolete.

Any guidance?

thanks!

Go through the link. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/DPRP-is-disabled-for-this-merchant-ShortMessage-DPRP-is-disabled/td-p/654451 . It may help you.
8 years ago
Another link http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/paypal-dprp-is-disabled-for-this-client/
8 years ago
Hello and thank you for the response and comment.

I contacted Paypal and spoke with a knowledgeable tech support.

Here is the skinny:

We are on the 2.0 Platform (newer) which supports recurring billing BUT it works off of the manager credentials.

The 3.0 Platform (older) works off of the API signature or the certificate.

They can definitely change our system to the older platform (which costs more  .. Like $80 /month vs $50 with all the fraud check and recurring billing features).

My question then is

- Is this feature going to be updated on NOP any time soon? (If so I will wait for that)
  - Can I do a manual adjustment somewhere whereby we point to the manager credentials rather than the API .. for the recurring billing?

Thanks
7 years ago
More Information
See post #99381
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.