Installation problems on fasthosts windows server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Please please please. Anyone want to try installing Nopcommerce on my hosting package for me....I am loosing the will to live. I can not get it installed and would really really like to use it.

Upload all the files but I just get errors when I got to install.

Help....please. 3 children with chicken pox and my patience is so thin, I may explode.

P.s fasthost tech help no use what so ever.

Help ...Kirsty
14 years ago
I will help for free.

Go to http://www.deccks.com/contact.php and shoot me an email.
13 years ago
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I'm unable to get nopCommerce working on FastHosts as well.

Did you get it working and if so please could you share the answers?

Thanks, Ben.
13 years ago
As far as I know, FastHosts do not yet support version 4 of the .net framework. This is required for nopCommerce to work.

HTH
13 years ago
Thanks for your help - I've tried using version 1.4 which is .NET 3.5 but I still get the 500 error, I don't seem to be able to get anything else other than a generic 500 error.

No error detail of substance even with custom errors turned off.

I thought it may of been a trust issue but again from what I've read 1.4 doesn't requite medium or full trust?

Thanks again for your help so far...
13 years ago
when you turned custom errors off, did you make sure you spelled the Off  with a capital 'O'

ie

Off

this makes a difference and should let you see the error message
13 years ago
Yep, thanks for your help - I've convinced the customer to ditch Fasthosts so I shouldn't have any problems here in.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.