Send "review form" via mail

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello folks,

I recently bought something on a webshop built with SEO shop.

I was really surprised what I got in my mailbox afterwards,

They sent me one random article that I purchased with a fill out form for a review. The first thing I thought was: I need this!

Is there any known plugin or method I don't know of to do this?

If not, this would be an amazing addition in my opinion.

Here's an example:

8 years ago
Hi,

I have solution for your request - it is not perfect, but for the moment it will do the trick for you, and most important - you will do it on your own with just few clicks.

Go to your administration and create a product, but do not publish it. Remember its ID - we will use it later.

Now go to Content Management > Message Templates and find OrderCompleted.CustomerNotification template (I guess you want to send such form when the customer has completed his order).

Go to the Body setting of the template and in the editor -> Tools > Source code and in its end place this code:

<strong>Please rate our services</strong>
<div>
  <form action="MY_SITE/productreviews/PRODUCT_ID" method="POST">
    <div>
      <label>Title:</label>
      <input type="text" name="AddProductReview.Title" />
    </div>
    <div>
      <label>Review text:</label>
      <textarea name="AddProductReview.ReviewText"></textarea>
    </div>
    <div>
      <label>Rating:</label>
      <input type="radio" name="AddProductReview.Rating" value="1" />
      <input type="radio" name="AddProductReview.Rating" value="2" />
      <input type="radio" name="AddProductReview.Rating" value="3" />
      <input type="radio" name="AddProductReview.Rating" value="4" />
      <input type="radio" name="AddProductReview.Rating" value="5" checked="checked" />
    </div>
    <div>
      <input type="submit" name="Send" />
    </div>
  </form>
</div>

Replace the "MY_SITE" and "PRODUCT_ID" with their real values.

Everything left is to style the form with CSS. Note that the mail clients support only inline styles!

You can go even further and make this product published, change its template and use it as place where you and your customers can see all customers feedback.

I hope this helped !

Regards,
Deni !
8 years ago
Actually it is not possible like Nop-Templates said.

Major e-mails block form and submit button for security reasons.

You should to direct customer to a link and open a new page where he could enter his review.

Do a Google search about HTML E-mail forms and will get some ideas!
8 years ago
Hi,

We have tested this with few major and smaller email clients and it is working fine.

Gmail for example shows a prompt to ask you if you want to submit the form and if you click "Yes" you are automatically redirected. Most of the email clients work this way.

Regards, Deni !
8 years ago
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It is a nice way to implement site reviews, but I assume there is no way to change this product-ID according to a random product they had ordered?

I grasp the concept of having a single product function as a review page, but this is however not what I am looking for. Yet I find it a very creative way of using forms, therefor I thank you already for sharing!

Kind regards,
Jef
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.