TAX bug

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
1) add items to cart
2) checkout as guest.
3) enter address for billing (our product has no shipping)
4) go shop some more
5) go back to check and enter new address
6) go shop
7) go back to checkout and enter a new address
8) repeat this a few times until you have 5 addresses
9) go to checkout and choose one of the existing addresses.
bug: the address that was chosen is not the address that gets sent to the tax calculation and it defaults to a different address that was not selected.

nopCommerce 3.70
8 years ago
Hi Marko,

1. Go to admin area > configuration > tax settings. What value is set in the "Tax based on" dropdownlist? I presume you have "Billing address". Please confirm
2. Are you using one-page or multi-step checkout?
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Marko,

1. Go to admin area > configuration > tax settings. What value is set in the "Tax based on.Tax based on" dropdownlist? I presume you have "Billing address". Please confirm
2. Are you using one-page or multi-step checkout?

1. Tax based on shipping address.

2. Paypal Standard. Checkout with billing/shipping/shipping rate etc.

P.S. In USA, Tax must be calculated and collected on shipping and only shipping address. But when you have membership product you dont have shipping cause you dont need to ship membership. Then there is issue cause tax can not be calculated. We forced our tax plugin to calculate taxt on billing address if there is a no shipping address, but as I mentioned above, when you add membership item in cart (no shipping address) tax is calculated, and you go to checkout and under billing address you write new address from other USA state, and even you changed address tax is calculated on first address. You can add 5 addresses and change, tax will be on first address.
8 years ago
CarpeDiem wrote:
...We forced our tax plugin to calculate taxt on billing address if there is a no shipping address...

Are you sure that in this case we should use billing address (when shipping address is not specified)? In admin area > configuration > tax settings we have "Default tax address". And this default address is used when shipping address does not exist. It's by design. This logic can be overridden in the "CreateCalculateTaxRequest" method of \Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs

But in the meantime I've found another bug. Please find more about it here (fixed here)
7 years ago
I have found another bug with the tax...

I have selected prices include tax.
Configured Tax.CountryStateZip with Australia as 10% tax
Selected show prices excluding tax
Calculate tax based on billing address

Initially prices are shown correctly
eg Lightspeed Zulu PFX = 1362.73
Add to basket
Basket shows correct price and tax
Guest checkout
Fill out address details
Select New Zealand...click next
Tax is shown as 0 but price reverts to 1499.00
So the price is wrong for New Zealand
This should be 1362.73
Then browsing the site all prices are shown tax inclusive

Site address http://www.ozpilot.com.au/
nopCommerce v3.80
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.