Let's discuss the upcoming integration of nopCommerce and Umbraco

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
msomers wrote:
We've done what others seem to be doing as well. nop as a pure backend ecommerce platform and umbraco for front end content. All catalog and customer information is entered in umbraco using custom property editors and integrates with nop via api (i think we used the one created by noptemplates). all catalog/customer information is keep locally in umbraco (lucene) for searching etc.

nop as a service? there's an idea.

seanrock, thanks for your answers...
Just to be sure:
Who is 'We'?
Do you work for UTeam (in Israel) that is developing the NopCommerce integration plugin for Umbraco?

No, I work for a digital agency in the UK.
6 years ago
seanrock,

The first answer seemed to me as being about your own custom plugin, not that from Uteam ... which would still be interesting to hear about if it is.

But to get things clear:
Your answers in this thread, are they referring to the plugin from Uteam or to another plugin?
6 years ago
msomers wrote:
seanrock,

The first answer seemed to me as being about your own custom plugin, not that from Uteam ... which would still be interesting to hear about if it is.

But to get things clear:
Your answers in this thread, are they referring to the plugin from Uteam or to another plugin?

Agree with msomers

seanrock, please confirm because all of my questions are for uteam integration.
6 years ago
Hi all,
I miss notifications from the forum, now I fully connected.

github repo will be ready today - this is a link: https://github.com/yawkale/nop-umbraco-integration

most of seanrock posts are right for our plugin too.

For question of pepper

1~ I do not see any advanced CMS features in Umbraco that NOP does not have so why integrate both, integration of umbraco - NOP need more work like 2 different domains / subs and maintaining two sites, databases so more investment on hosting on the other hand customizing NOP only need custom work and everything is one (domain, database, maintenance work). Can U plz give example when this kind of integration will be mostly useful?

For example, add e-commerce solution for existing umbraco site, in this case nop is like crm, for orders management

2~ In this integration umbraco will be frontend site and online store also and customers will buy products from umbraco and not NOP?

3~ Will anyone be able to buy directly from NOP site also because then we are talking about 2 side integration?

yes, but you can always open nop site to be public too

4~ Is this a 1 side integration where only umbraco site is the main site and NOP is for backend only for adding products and not store front and all data is doing from umbraco to nop DB?
Yes, we create custom section in umbraco to manage products, customer in NOP

5~ Is this integration supporting everything like all payment methods, all shipping options, all taxes?

6~ How the integration work for payment methods and shipping, taxes, newsletters and everything else needed for selling products on umbraco?

It's still in progress, we are working on checkout process now

7~ How multistore nop site can be used with this integration?
We need check support in api-plugin-for-nopcommerce support

8~ For mutlistore store owners have to install multiple instances of umbraco and link with each NOP store domain like store1 - umbraco 1, store2-umbrac2?

Basically you can use one umbraco site, umbraco support multi domain installation.
6 years ago
nop as a service - We are working on it too, we will be ready with beta version next month
6 years ago
msomers wrote:
seanrock,

But to get things clear:

As there is nothing available currently, and this is our first attempt, we used the rest api by noptemplates and created a custom section in umbraco to do basic catalog tasks like updating products, categories, attributes etc. The catalog data is stored in umbraco as content nodes and we subscribe to application events in umbraco and send changes to nop via api.
6 years ago
Hello guys. I have been following this post a long time. I've already started an integration between nop and Umbraco. But it turned out to be another quick fix.

The integration I did ended up creating confusion. Because there were two administration panels, that did not make much sense. I was able to integrate the customers into umbraco through a custom membership provider. But not the users backoffice.

So any integration has to take into account in unifying the two panels. Or customize nopcommere to display umbraco content, or Umbraco to display nopcommerce information. For me it's easier the Umbraco because of my experience in it.

The good thing would be nopcommerce to be used as a service. And for me the big problem is the entity framework. For me in Brazil nopcommerce is very slow in some hosts.

Today I'm analyzing the nopcommerce framework to create a development strategy to use PetaPoco's Umbraco features. It would be an access layer to the decoupled database of the entity framework. Also develop in Umbraco custom sections for each part of the administration (Angular, WebAPI,Property editors, etc) as you may realize will be a lot of work. And it will only be worth it if it is a product in the future. As you can see it will be a lot of work. And it will only be worth it if it is a product in the future.

My goal is to do only what is related to e-commerce, stores, orders, shipping, etc. Other plugins like Poll, news, forum, etc. Would be in the Umbraco context. The question is time. Umbraco will have a new version coming soon (according to Umbraco HQ until the end of the year or early 2018).
6 years ago
Just to illustrate why make a separate code. This code:
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/blob/develop/src/Libraries/Nop.Services/Media/PictureService.cs

It would not make sense to use this service on Umbraco. Since Umbraco has the Media and advanced image Cropper features

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/image-cropper
6 years ago
yawkale wrote:
nop as a service - We are working on it too, we will be ready with beta version next month

very nice

Can you plz answer these questions? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/41254/lets-discuss-the-upcoming-integration-of-nopcommerce-and-umbraco.aspx?p=12#189341
6 years ago
please see my answers here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/41254/lets-discuss-the-upcoming-integration-of-nopcommerce-and-umbraco.aspx?p=13#189349

please post the new questions again, it's will be the more easy track questions and answers
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.