Shipping calculation issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi All,

Here is my setup (Country and Weight calculation):

Shipping Method A:  0kg to 5kg £5.00
Shipping Method B:  0kg to 6kg £7.50
Shipping Method C:  2kg to 20kg £9.95

Customers places order and total weight is 10kg, customer is presented with

Shipping Method A [£0.00]
Shipping Method B [£0.00]
Shipping Method C [£9.95]

As a result, customer can select A or B. I was hoping that both A or B would not be offered as both are less than customers order weight.

In the meantime I have added both A & B with really high rates (for higher weight bands) - but it will only be a matter of time before somebody selects in error (and gets a hugely inflated shipping charge).

What I hoped (and assumed) is that only Shipping Method C would show (becuase that's the only one that covers the weight of the shipment).

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.co.uk
13 years ago
Hi All,

Has anybody else discovered a better work around to this? Has this been addressed in 1.6? Alternatively, have I not configured correctly within my currennt version (1.5).

Thanks to anybody that can assist.

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.co.uk
13 years ago
it's not possible out of the box, but I'm sure i read a post somewhere on the forum about some code modification for this - i've tried searching for you but can't find it :(

maybe you can have a go yourself ...

-hayden
13 years ago
Hi,

Ran into the exact same issue yesterday, looking at the code there didn't seem to be a way to configure this so it took a very small code change to remove the shipping option that shouldn't be shown according to your post above.

Don't have the code available right now but if you need it let me know.

Br
Joakim
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.