Problem with installing language pack

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi evanssar, do you mean that you duplicated the English language pack and manually changed all English values in the ResourceValue column with Greek? If you have a site in Greek, could you give us your URL to have a look please? Although I have searched, I haven't seen any nopCommerce store in Greek yet.
13 years ago
Hi George,

In a few days i will upload a new site. When i'm ready i'll send you a message. I'm trying to upload it at godaddy.com.

By the way,
there are two tables in nopCommerce database. The first is Nop_Language that i have inserted a record with languageID = 8, greek. The other one is Nop_LocaleStringResource. At this table i copied all records LanguageID = 7 with 8.
I opened this table in sqlserver and i changed the column ResourceValue.

I think it is not so hard.

If you have problems, tell me.

Bye
Evans
13 years ago
I had the same problem installing the Dutch language pack.

I solved it by cutting the xml file into 2 seperate xml files with a smaller size.
Then I imported the 2 seperated files without any timeout problems.
13 years ago
I had the same problem installing the Dutch language pack.
I solved it by cutting the xml file into 2 seperate xml files with a smaller size.
Then I imported the 2 seperated files without any timeout problems.
13 years ago
I had the same problem installing the Dutch language pack. I solved it by cutting the xml file into 2 seperate xml files with a smaller size. Then I imported the 2 seperated files without any timeout problems.
13 years ago
@evanssar2009

I create a small page that do this dublication of resources on another language then start to translate the resourses, this process takes only 2 min :)

tell me if you want the code to share it.
13 years ago
Hi rashed,

What about the translation. How can i use specific terms in another language. You have to do that manually. When you have a text to translate to another language, the auto translation has a lot of errors you have to correct. I have done my own translator but i had to correct a lot of terms manually.

Evans
13 years ago
Auto trnslation didn't give accurate results,

What I did is , create a new language , then import all english terms in my language then start in translatoin ,

I Export the XML file then I use a small tool to help me classify the terms to make the translation process more easier.

I'll share this tool very soon.
13 years ago
rashed

Ok,

I did the same thing except exporting the xml file and use tool. I open the specific table in sql server and i replaced the english terms in my language. I used it as i use an excel sheet.
13 years ago
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and other useful information.

I solved the problem of importing the Greek language pack with the help of a script written by LevGe as per his post of 11 May. This was imported to the databse with the SQL Server and works fine (well, partially as it's based on the Language pack for version 1.40, the pack for 1.50 has not been released yet). What I need now is to add the extra resources for the 1.50 or the 1.60 in a few days, but now I know how to handle it.

What was not solved is the error message in my first post which still applies if I want to import an XML file.

Another small issue I have is that certain strings are automatically capitalised by nopCommerce but not very correctly in that they are accented although they shouldn't be. For example ΝΈΑ ΠΡΟΪΌΝΤΑ, ΑΝΑΖΉΤΗΣΗ etc. This probably has nothing to do with the language pack as it also happens when a product title is entered in lowercase accented characters and is automatically displayed in uppercase accented characters. Any Greek speaking guru who could help with this?

My special thanks to Lev for his script and the long exchange of emails until recources could be imported to the database. His patience has been remarkable and I have gained a lot of knowledge.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.