System.Security.SecurityException

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Help is much appreciated. I thought this app could run in medium trust. Is this just a file permission problem? If so, any idea what file its trying to access. Looks like a config file, I hope someone can give me a clue.

This error only happens when I attempt to login with correct or incorrect credentials.

Thanks!

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
   System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
   System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +644
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +66
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +85
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName, Boolean assertPermissions) +124
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +10
   System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +13
   System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +46
   System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +293
13 years ago
try granting permissions for
network service
xxxx_usr

ideally, you should find a host who offers full trust
ie
[url= http://tinyurl.com/NOP-hosting ]softsys hosting[/url]
13 years ago
Thanks for your help and hosting recommendation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.