Currency related to product?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to set up one product in dollars and another in Euros?

My primary store currency is US Dollars, but one of the sites that I get data from uses Euros. The site creates a product based on the setup of the product, and I was hoping that I could setup that base product with Euros instead of Dollars, but I don't see any way to make that happen.

I'm using v3.40.

Thanks,
J
7 years ago
Hi,

It's not possible to do this out of the box. All the prices are set in the base currency.
Only thing you could do is to convert the EURO to the USD, using the methods provided by nopCommerce - in the ICurrencyService, if I'm not mistaken - they use the exchange rate set in the shop's system.

Having multiple prices in different currencies is not something that can be easily done - I would say it can't be done without modifying the source code.

Regards,
Vlad
7 years ago
This is not available out of the box. It will require customization work
7 years ago
OK, I'm wondering if I'm explaining it wrong. I'm not looking to have 2 different prices per item, one in dollars and 1 in Euros. It will be one currency or the other.

I noticed on a product that I had already set up, when I switch the currency from the drop down list in nop, the value doesn't change at all. My $750 product becomes a 750Euro product. So it would seem that drop down does nothing more than switch the currency symbol? Is this how it should work or should it actually do some conversion? When I try to set up the conversion in the admin section, I know that I get an error whenever I click the "Get Live Rates" as shown below:

The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.

I'm just wondering if there is someway to force the currency code when I pass the created data over to nopCommerce and open the app?

Thanks,
Jon
7 years ago
BostonEDIGuy wrote:
OK, I'm wondering if I'm explaining it wrong. I'm not looking to have 2 different prices per item, one in dollars and 1 in Euros. It will be one currency or the other.

I noticed on a product that I had already set up, when I switch the currency from the drop down list in nop, the value doesn't change at all. My $750 product becomes a 750Euro product. So it would seem that drop down does nothing more than switch the currency symbol? Is this how it should work or should it actually do some conversion? When I try to set up the conversion in the admin section, I know that I get an error whenever I click the "Get Live Rates" as shown below:

The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.

I'm just wondering if there is someway to force the currency code when I pass the created data over to nopCommerce and open the app?

Thanks,
Jon

When you click on "Get Live Rates", it will work only if you have previously setup an exchange rate provider.

You can add or activate exchange rate providers from the plugin's section (on the demo site: http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Plugin/List). Filter the list by group, using the dropdown there.

After that you can select the exchange rate provider while you are in the currencies page (http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Currency/List).

Alternatively you can set the exchange rate by updating the currency manually. The fact that yours is showing the same amount for USD and EURO, means that you have the rate 1 configured for the EURO (that means EURO is 1:1 with USD).

So, regarding your suggestion: just setting the symbol or whatever, will not work.
7 years ago
So would it be possible to setup another store that has Euros instead of Dollars using the same DB?
7 years ago
BostonEDIGuy wrote:
So would it be possible to setup another store that has Euros instead of Dollars using the same DB?

It is not possible in version 3.70. Follow the next link, and you'll see that currently there is a development task for this (Setting the price in different currencies) :

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/1

It will probably be released in nopCommerce 3.80, which is due this summer.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.