Is there an option to pay for goods on the site using Paypal?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
I am new to the code so there maybe a real obvious answer to this.
I was just wondering how a user would pay for good using Paypal on the site?

As a user who wants to purchase stuff from the site  I follow the following steps  (Is this correct)

1. Add the Item to the Cart
2. Click on shopping cart  --> then Click on "Checkout"
3. Fill Out Shipping Details --> then Click on "Ship to Address"
4. Enter Billing Address  --> Click on "Billing to this Address"
5. Select Shipping Method
6. Enter the Payment Info ... it appears as if you can only pay by Credit Card

My question is .... is there a way to pay for these goods using Pay Pal and not a Credit Card?

thanks
15 years ago
I have  further with this ....

If you go into Administration --> Orders/Payments
Then PayPal Standard ----> Click on Edit --> Then make sure the "active" button is ticked.

this will bring me to a paypal SandBox ----> I assume it is easy enough to redirect to Standard Paypal
15 years ago
There is a tick box in the same area which says 'Use Sanbox' (or similar).
Uncheck this when you are ready to go live.
15 years ago
I think I may have missed a step here. I've set the Active box checked, have the Sandbox UNCHECKED, and I've set the email and PTI correctly... but when I go to the store and checkout, I get up to the CheckoutPaymentInfo.aspx page, where it says "You will be redirected to PayPal site to complete the order." However when I click Next, it just takes me straight to CheckoutConfirm.aspx, completely skipping paypal! I checked the code and it appears there is no place where the site actually redirects to paypal...

am I missing something here? this is kind of important because my friend (to whom I recommended this product) is ready to go live but we can't figure out how to actually get paypal to work.

any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: so on checkoutconfirm.aspx I clicked "Confirm Order" and it jumped me back to CheckoutPaymentInfo.aspx. then I clicked continue and this time it DID send me to paypal! But I cancelled the paypal order at the bottom and was redirected to my site, but when I did, it says that my order is Pending, in other words it looks like the order was placed but not paid for, and it doesn't give me the option to pay again...

I believe something has really messed up here, where can I begin to fix this?

thanks!
15 years ago
You will be redirected to Paypal site only when you click "Confirm Order" on CheckoutConfirm.aspx page.

"so on checkoutconfirm.aspx I clicked "Confirm Order" and it jumped me back to CheckoutPaymentInfo.aspx"
- I guess that it was caused by asp.net applciation restart (payment info stored into session was lost).

Currenlty cancelling from Paypal site is not implemented (see PaypalCancel.aspx.cs). But administrator can cancel/delete this order later from admin area
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.