Is NopCommerce for my project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi,
I actualy work on where we have a web platform with users/groups and admin panel.
Each user of this platform can create  cards and exchange them with other users.
My boss asked me to add the possibility of a store(in real and in our digital monney too) where users can sell deck of their cards.
When someone buy a pack of card the shop has to update the collection of the user and giva a part of the money to the creator of the pack.

I've searched on the web for a while but i think everything seems a little bit "too big" for this purpose.

My real question is "Is it worth to use nopcommerce on my project or will it be better to créate my own shop directly integrated to my actual platform?"
7 years ago
Hi!
You can give vendor role to deck owners and they would be given access to the portion of shop. Read about Vendor roles and Access Control List feature from docs. nopCommerce is highly customizable and you can get comission. For deck construction there is Grouped product functionality. But there are only guesses, I don't know the details of your project.  
Though you should no go for custom cart anyway: first it will take money and time to invent the wheel to make all the functions nopCommerce already does, second nopCommerce has a variety of plugins with payment methods, you would not need to customize the bulk of plugins and interconnect your shop with payment methods.
Concerning other shopping carts I seriously doubt that they have such functions from the box.
I made a simple research on major Magic The Gathering sites(is that close to your project) - most of them have custom carts, but they are quite old.
nopCommerce is quite flexible framework you can customize. At the same time it is developed and supported and has a variety of plugins.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.