v38 install bug

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
And one more question. Can you successfully run unit tests (Nop.Data.Tests)?
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...downloaded latest...
Hi Hezy,

One last question (sorry for being annoying). Have you downloaded it here (latest "develop" branch") or here (BETA release). If the second one, then please note that it doesn't contain the latest changes

first one
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
And one more question. Can you successfully run unit tests (Nop.Data.Tests)?

I can
7 years ago
Hi Hezy,

Do you have SQL Server profiler installed? If yes, could you please record and share a trace (list of all executed SQL commands) during installation?
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Hezy,

Do you have SQL Server profiler installed? If yes, could you please record and share a trace (list of all executed SQL commands) during installation?

no profiler, Using sql server express
7 years ago
Do you have other version or editions of SQL Server? If yes, could you please test nopCommerce 3.80 installation with them?
7 years ago
Hi Hezy,

Could you please try to install nopCommerce without creating the database manually (in advance). Allow nopCommerce to create it (just tick «Create database if it does not exist» checkbox. Does it work fine?
7 years ago
Sergei-k wrote:
Does anybody else experience this issue? Could you please you test it out and let me know whether you it's OK or not

up
7 years ago
Sergei-k wrote:
Hi Hezy,

Could you please try to install nopCommerce without creating the database manually (in advance). Allow nopCommerce to create it (just tick «Create database if it does not exist» checkbox. Does it work fine?

hi
sorry, same error
am i the only one who gets that error?
7 years ago
hezyz wrote:
Hi Hezy,

hi
sorry, same error
am i the only one who gets that error?

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response, just had to get a proper wifi connection (greetings from the black sea).

I just tried installing the BETA release, and apart from some errors until I got the SQL User's permission right, and the error I will describe below, everything went smooth.

I am running SQL Server 2012 Express - and I ticked the checkbox "Create the database if it doesn't exist", so the setup automatically created the database for me. Only error I got, during the setup was: "Setup failed: An error ocurred while creating the database. Unable to connect to the new database. Please try one more time".

So the next time I tried the install, it worked - because the database was already created. So this issue seemed to occur, right after the setup created the database, but it was not blocking, obviously.

Hope this helps !

Vlad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.