Just wondering

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I just got a call from my Merch services, They said people are using my site to see if credit cards work. Is there a way to set up a number of trys before banning them. As you know you dont get emails from failed tries you only get the emails that go thru. They said if this continues there going to ban my account.

I'm looking through the options and i dont see anything for Auto-banning for Muti tries with different CCs. Or adding a Captha on the checkout page.

I use Auth.net (basically there trying to press the Fraud package on me :) )
13 years ago
If they are using bots to perform the action you can either add the image verification and/or to ban theyr IP address.
Othewise you can create a session with a counter. After reaching a certain number of attempt simply reject the card without performing any real validation..
13 years ago
mbaruso wrote:
I just got a call from my Merch services, They said people are using my site to see if credit cards work. Is there a way to set up a number of trys before banning them. As you know you dont get emails from failed tries you only get the emails that go thru. They said if this continues there going to ban my account.

I'm looking through the options and i dont see anything for Auto-banning for Muti tries with different CCs. Or adding a Captha on the checkout page.

I use Auth.net (basically there trying to press the Fraud package on me :) )

Don't believe everything they tell you. Many times it is just a sales gimmick to sell you their product.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.