My 1st website :)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Great work! Congratulations. Only one question: are you offering flat rate shipping because you found the integration and set up with shippers to be too complex? you know....like we have to apply for accounts, IDs, set up the site etc...?

I would appreciate an answer as I am about to go online with my cart and that would help.

thanks a bunch and live long and prosper!

Robert Lobaina

future: www.integratedbrands.biz (not up yet)
13 years ago
Hi Robert,
I chose flat rate shipping for a few reasons
1.  Flat rate shipping makes shopping less complicated for the buyer and avoids the sticker shock of expensive to ship products  = decreased cart abandonment and increased buyer trust
2.  I offer only standard UPS shipping because it meets the needs of the vast majority of shoppers and was easy to implement (I didn’t have to create an account with ups etc).
3.  Setting up shipping accounts and multiple shipping options is a low priority for my store. I believe in getting things going and improving them over time. Once I start getting more traffic and customers visiting, then I will look into multiple shipping options as well as experiment with free shipping on select items.
In sum, I chose flat rate shipping because it is both good for my customers and easy for me to implement.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.