Import/Export Issues

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Moving hosting providers from Arvixe to SmarterASP so I figured it would be a good time to upgrade from NOP 3.7 to 3.8. I've run into a quite a few issues. I've upgraded NOP several times in the past with little to no issues. This time around, I'm not sure if the issues are due to changing hosting providers or the upgrade process.

First, tried upgrading normally by posting all new site info, then going back and adding all content, images, Settings, and installed plugins files. Upgraded script ran over db. Ran into several problems which wouldn't allow NOP to run correctly. After trying several things, I gave up and decided to start with a fresh install and import my catalogs in from Excel.

Second...importing issues. File structure for Excel export/imports changed. Not a huge deal but I did have to do a little modifying to my catalog files. Got everything to import and ended up with a few issues. Initially, categories that were imported, when clicking in the store I was sent to 404 page. Deleted these imports from the database and double checked formatting. Imported again, and links were correct and working. However, after deleting and re-importing my Category IDs weren't as specified in the Excel file. They just incremented from the last set, which in turn screwed up the associations of child categories. I'm still having issues with uploading products as well. Will be working on this a little longer to see what I come up with, just wanted to post about the issues I was having.

One last thing, there isn't a published column when uploading products. Is this by design? All products come in un-published.
7 years ago
There may be a published column in the db table, but in the excel export there isn't a published column. There use to be in NOP3.7, but not in 3.8. Double checked the NOP demo site just to make sure I wasn't missing something.
7 years ago
The Settings for product basic/advanced mode control what is exported. Only selected fields for the Basic mode will be exported. So select Published field and it will be exported
7 years ago
Thanks for that. Very good to know! I'll have to see what I can do to import old objects in and have them work correctly.
7 years ago
For imports you only have to import those columns which will be changed or added, regardless what you have selected in the basic mode
7 years ago
The products I was importing weren't set as 'Display Individually'. However, I changed this to display in Basic mode and it isn't showing the option in Basic (admin area), nor is it exporting the column in Excel when selected. The only way to get this option to show in admin or Excel export is by having advanced product views on.
7 years ago
Also, I can't get the Product ID to display as an exported column. Every time an import is made, an item that is existing is duplicated instead of updated. This is with advanced products on.
7 years ago
Iv'e had a similar problem: I've imported some products, deleted them and than tried to import the same products (with the same SKU) again. I get the import success message, but nothing happens - the products are not imported. Rebooting the system and re-attempting this produces the same result.
7 years ago
danlev wrote:
Iv'e had a similar problem: I've imported some products, deleted them and than tried to import the same products (with the same SKU) again. I get the import success message, but nothing happens - the products are not imported. Rebooting the system and re-attempting this produces the same result.

Delete products option just marks the product as deleted while the product itself remains in the database. Therefore, the import goes on without errors, and the data is updated, you just can’t see the result, because the import goes through SKU, and product with this SKU was marked as deleted.
7 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:
Also, I can't get the Product ID to display as an exported column. Every time an import is made, an item that is existing is duplicated instead of updated. This is with advanced products on.

Products are imported by SKU, not by ProductID, that is why there is no possibility to export ProductID.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.