SKU is not full text indexed when enabling Full Text in Admin - ver 3.8, fresh install

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi,

A new Nop instance is not creating the full text index for Product.Sku when you enable Full text indexing in Admin.

I am using ver 3.8 on a fresh install and new database.  Here is the store procedure in question; it does not seem to create an index on SKU:

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[FullText_Enable]
AS
BEGIN
  --create catalog
  EXEC('
  IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.fulltext_catalogs WHERE [name] = ''nopCommerceFullTextCatalog'')
    CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG [nopCommerceFullTextCatalog] AS DEFAULT')

--create indexes
  DECLARE @create_index_text nvarchar(4000)
  SET @create_index_text = '
  IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.fulltext_indexes WHERE object_id = object_id(''[Product]''))
    CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON [Product]([Name], [ShortDescription], [FullDescription])
    KEY INDEX [' + dbo.[nop_getprimarykey_indexname] ('Product') +  '] ON [nopCommerceFullTextCatalog] WITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO'
  EXEC(@create_index_text)

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.fulltext_indexes WHERE object_id = object_id(''[LocalizedProperty]''))
    CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON [LocalizedProperty]([LocaleValue])
    KEY INDEX [' + dbo.[nop_getprimarykey_indexname] ('LocalizedProperty') +  '] ON [nopCommerceFullTextCatalog] WITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO'
  EXEC(@create_index_text)

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.fulltext_indexes WHERE object_id = object_id(''[ProductTag]''))
    CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON [ProductTag]([Name])
    KEY INDEX [' + dbo.[nop_getprimarykey_indexname] ('ProductTag') +  '] ON [nopCommerceFullTextCatalog] WITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO'
  EXEC(@create_index_text)
END
7 years ago
It's not the the bug (moved to other forum). It's by design. Starting version 3.80 we search SKU using the exact search
7 years ago
So how are we supposed to use it?  It throws that error out of the box when Full text is enabled.

I created a fresh instance, went to Admin and enabled Full Text, then I go into the website and enter a keyword in the search box and get the error.

If I add the SKU to the FullText_Enable stored Procedure and go to Admin -> Disable Full Text, then re-enable it, then try the search search -- I get results and no error.
7 years ago
It works fine out of the box. "ProductLoadAllPaged" stored procedure doesn't use full-text indexing when searching in SKU anymore. Maybe, you have this stored procedure customized. Are you using any third-party plugins?
7 years ago
Yes, I bought a Theme from Nop-Templates and it came with a bunch of Plugins...  I guess I'm going to contact them now!

Thanks Andrei!
7 years ago
Is there a way to make sku's full text again because I have customers who if they type in 155L would like to see 155L and 155LR

what would you suggest a new configuration be to allow them to search that easily if sku is exact match?

7 years ago
I'm still working on 3.6 at the moment, but I would think you can do the following:

1. Add the field to the stored procedure that enables the full text index ([FullText_Enable]); in the line that creates the Full text index, add the SKU field at the end:

--create indexes
  DECLARE @create_index_text nvarchar(4000)
  IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM sys.fulltext_indexes WHERE object_id = object_id(''[Product]''))
    CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON [Product]([Name], [ShortDescription], [FullDescription], [SKU])
    KEY INDEX [' + dbo.[nop_getprimarykey_indexname] ('Product') +  '] ON [nopCommerceFullTextCatalog] WITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO'
  EXEC(@create_index_text)

2. Edit the [ProductLoadAllPaged] stored procedure to include a query to get the SKU from the Full text index:

--SKU
      SET @sql = @sql + '
      UNION
      SELECT p.Id
      FROM Product p with (NOLOCK)
      WHERE '
      IF @UseFullTextSearch = 1
        SET @sql = @sql + 'CONTAINS(p.[Sku], @Keywords) '
      ELSE
        SET @sql = @sql + 'PATINDEX(@Keywords, p.[Sku]) > 0 '
    --END SKU Query

3. In Admin, disable full text and then re-enable it
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.