When a visitor subscribes to my webshop's newsletter, he/she doesn't receive a confimation email

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
When a visitor subscribes to the newsletter, he/she doesn't receive a confirmation email.

I can see in the message queue that the system tries to send a confirmation email, but it fails.

I also successfully added a system email.

Why does this happen and what is the solution for this problem?
7 years ago
Hi,

Please go to Administration -> Content Management -> Message templates
Find: NewsLetterSubscription.ActivationMessage and NewsLetterSubscription.DeactivationMessage - please check is Active

Regards
Krzysztof
7 years ago
Both options already were activated
7 years ago
In System > Log

I found this message:

Error  Error sending e-mail. Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <[email protected]> No such user here
7 years ago
Does it happen with all your customers or only with particular email addresses?
Also try to send test email here: admin area -> Configuration -> Email accounts -> Edit -> Send Test Email block.
Does it work?
7 years ago
Mariann,
I'm also having problems with sending emails. They are stuck in message queue and I try all the tricks mention here and elsewhere on this forum but no cigar.
Send test email is not working!!!
There must be some miscommunication with host email server.....
7 years ago
interborder wrote:
Mariann,
I'm also having problems with sending emails. They are stuck in message queue and I try all the tricks mention here and elsewhere on this forum but no cigar.
Send test email is not working!!!
There must be some miscommunication with host email server.....

If Sent Test email is not working it means that your email configuration has issue.

Please contact the email server guys and get the proper SMTP details from them and when test email sent started working it will fix all email sending issue and it will start sending all pending email from message queue
7 years ago
Problem solved for Nop 3.8
configuration was the issue and careful procedure outlined here is important:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/37483/email-not-working.aspx?p=3#181079
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.