Upgraded to 3.8 - Issue with text labels (friendly names)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello, I just upgraded from 3.7 to 3.8 and now the text labels in the admin all shows..

Admin.Configuration.Settings.XXX.XXX  etc.

Looks like the friendly names are all gone.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
7 years ago
Is your shop running on multiple languange?

If not, try manually importing the string resources. The XML is found at \App_Data\Localization\defaultResources.nopres.xml

:)
7 years ago
That did the trick! Thanks a bunch!
7 years ago
Hi. I am having the same issue but only with random labels, most of them in the admin area. I tried re-importing the \App_Data\Localization\defaultResources.nopres.xml file but no luck. Can you provide any other suggestions?
7 years ago
I initially tried re-uploading the file then realized there was an import function. After re-importing everything worked. thanks.
7 years ago
greasyj wrote:
I initially tried re-uploading the file then realized there was an import function. After re-importing everything worked. thanks.

where would I find the import function? I'm having the same problem.
7 years ago
This worked great for me too. To find it, go to Settings > Languages then select Edit. Then you can use the "Import resources" button.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.