Skining

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am curantly Using ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT and there is one file that you can open and make your skin out of and you are done. I have looked all day and cant figure out how to do that with this.

Just trying to costomize top, side, bottom to my own topics, colors layout, etc, and cant fint that one file to do that, am I missing something?
13 years ago
look in folder:     app_themes

select your store theme  eg darkorange

edit style.css

make your life easier by using firefox with firebug installed :)
13 years ago
This may be a newbie question but when I go into the APP_THEMES directory and change the style.css information (for the logo height from 60px to another value or the change the name from logo.gif to logo-test.gif) the store doesn't pickup the change to the style sheet. This is the Drk Orange theme.

But, if I go into the Images directory of that theme and delete the logo.gif file it will disappear from the store so I know the store is looking in the correct theme directory for information but it doesn't seem to be grabbing the style.css information for the theme?

Can somebody please help show me the error to my ways? The simple goal is to change the available space for the store header and logo.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
13 years ago
I read somewhere that it is the master.css file where that needs to changed. I just replaced the image file for my site.

Enjoy!

Daniel
13 years ago
johnzapf wrote:
I am curantly Using ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT and there is one file that you can open and make your skin out of and you are done. I have looked all day and cant figure out how to do that with this.

Just trying to costomize top, side, bottom to my own topics, colors layout, etc, and cant fint that one file to do that, am I missing something?

Still on the first page of results for this forum - https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/5105/about-web-page-design-and-nopcommerce.aspx
13 years ago
Ok, I finally got a copy of VS 2010, now what do I do. I am lost when it comes to .net and CSS files. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to use Visual Studio to edit the CCS files? I am lost, do I hook to SQL, what files do I open, will it be GUI once VS is configured? Sorry I am great with HTML and have been doing System Admin work for 20 years, but I just need some initial info to get me going and then I will run with it.

Thanks, John
13 years ago
Hi John,

Just started with nopCommerce my self...

You must change the default theme/skin directly in nopCommerce. It is a display option,  "Public Store Theme," at

Administration/Configuration/Global Settings/SEODisplay.

You create new themes in the pick list by adding new theme sub folders to "App_Theme" of the nopCommerce installation. The new folders will appear in the "Public Store..." pick list.

I am in the process of re-skinning by copying the darkOrange theme to a new theme folder and selectively modifying it.
13 years ago
Yes I have figured all that out. What I want to do is make, and or edit a theme, totally customize it. I am wondering what the best software to do that with is, I was told Visual studio, but am not sure as I don’t know anything about Visual Studio.

John
13 years ago
I'd be really interested to know how to do this.  I have used x-cart before  - and the skins / template edit in that  are truely terrifying.
If there is a tutorial on this - can someone please post it
13 years ago
voodoo1967 wrote:
I'd be really interested to know how to do this.  I have used x-cart before  - and the skins / template edit in that  are truely terrifying.
If there is a tutorial on this - can someone please post it

Yes - I too am an ASPDotNetStorefront vet. and use MS-Expressions Suite to manage many sites.  it would be great to have a nopcommerce tutorial on how to edit and update / skin and configure.  I have made a first pass using CSS only (www.bgreenbenefits.com)  however there is much to be desired and done to the lay-outs etc.  Please advise and provide direction.  I have purchesed the last two users manuals, but find limited value in them for customization.  

Thank you for the GREAT procuct, but still need some direction on customization.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.