The controller for path '/catalogsearch/result/index/' was not found or does not implement IController.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi,

The admin system log keeps returning an error "The controller for path '/catalogsearch/result/index/' was not found or does not implement IController." every minutes after I deploy the application to my web host but no error is shown when I host it using my localhost. Please advice.
7 years ago
This is some kind of bots. It may be SPAM bot, or it may be Search Engine bot. BING is known to "guess" the address you might have on your site, so that they can find out any missing pages in their index. See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19909828/bingbot-attempting-to-access-non-existent-pages
7 years ago
By the way, you can also disable logging of such errors by going to admin area > configuration > settings > all settings > and setting "commonsettings.log404errors" to "False"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.