How to set up purchase confirmed Goal in Google Analytics - What's the URL equivalent of the "thankyou" page?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi all,

I am configuring a goal for Google Analytics to track properly, but I am stuck now at finding the destination URL for a confirmed payment received.
Who has configured goals for confirmed purchases before? It should look like something like this

/checkout/completed/

or

/onepagecheckout/completed

do I need to add .aspx?

Is there any small details I may have missed?

But I basically have no clue and I can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks for your help.

F
7 years ago
It should be a wildcard match of checkout/completed. There are cases where ID will be appended to the end making it checkout/completed/{ORDER_ID}, so make sure you are just matching the first part to take into account both cases.
7 years ago
wooncherk wrote:
It should be a wildcard match of checkout/completed. There are cases where ID will be appended to the end making it checkout/completed/{ORDER_ID}, so make sure you are just matching the first part to take into account both cases.

Thanks. What about if I use one page checkout. Will it have to look like this? Or not?

"/onepagecheckout/completed"

Am I setting the goal to "begins with"?

F
7 years ago
No, regardless of the kind of checkout, the complete URL is always checkout/completed :)
7 years ago
wooncherk wrote:
No, regardless of the kind of checkout, the complete URL is always checkout/completed :)

OK great. Thanks for your help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.