Distributors and resellers... can't see to find a solution using Nop

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hey all,

I've read several posts about B2B and Nop, in regards to a distributor-selling-to-reseller scenario, and none seem to answer the question of how it can be done.

Here's our scenario:
1) Distributor buys product
2) Sales rep gets commission from sale to distributor (no need to pay out commission... just calculate it so we know what to pay the sales rep)
3) Multiple sales reps and distributors in the system
4) Restrict all sales to registered users only

1) The above is my simplified description.  Here's my client's verbatim description of requirements:
Enter a password to land distributor on their landing page,
2) Landing page that contains all relevant distributor information, name , address, e-mail, phone, contacts, etc
3) Allows the distributor viewing, ordering and editing functions of secured customer information and orders (name, address, credit card info, part number / cases qty. ordering, etc.),
4) Page that allows click through ordering to defined price points with the ability to take and process credit card payments tied to price points established for that customer (different customers may have different price points)
5) If credit is established have be ability to place orders based on defined terms and conditions
6) The ability to identify sale reps to accounts and trace orders and payments to a distributor and their sale reps.

Any light shed on this would be so deeply appreciated, as I'm really pulling for NopCommerce to my client.  We are completely open to plugin purchase options if the default software doesn't support these B2B requirements.

Thanks so much!
7 years ago
funkykeys wrote:
Hey all,

I've read several posts about B2B and Nop, in regards to a distributor-selling-to-reseller scenario, and none seem to answer the question of how it can be done.

Here's our scenario:
1) Distributor buys product
2) Sales rep gets commission from sale to distributor (no need to pay out commission... just calculate it so we know what to pay the sales rep)
3) Multiple sales reps and distributors in the system
4) Restrict all sales to registered users only

1) The above is my simplified description.  Here's my client's verbatim description of requirements:
Enter a password to land distributor on their landing page,
2) Landing page that contains all relevant distributor information, name , address, e-mail, phone, contacts, etc
3) Allows the distributor viewing, ordering and editing functions of secured customer information and orders (name, address, credit card info, part number / cases qty. ordering, etc.),
4) Page that allows click through ordering to defined price points with the ability to take and process credit card payments tied to price points established for that customer (different customers may have different price points)
5) If credit is established have be ability to place orders based on defined terms and conditions
6) The ability to identify sale reps to accounts and trace orders and payments to a distributor and their sale reps.

Any light shed on this would be so deeply appreciated, as I'm really pulling for NopCommerce to my client.  We are completely open to plugin purchase options if the default software doesn't support these B2B requirements.

Thanks so much!

Hello there,

maybe this will help: https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1267/socialbug-mlmparty-plan-affiliate-plugin.aspx

https://mlm-socialbug.com/mlm-party-plan-affiliate-plugin-2
7 years ago
Hi Marko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I read a bit of the documentation at https://mlm-socialbug.com/back-office and this looks to have a lot in it for sure.  I couldn't tell how the customer (i.e. distributor) sales gives credit to the sales rep.  Most are via a URL, but that won't work for us, as I mentioned, because the marketing efforts between sales reps and distributors won't be internet-based, so the potential for sales reps not getting commissions is high.  Can this plugin allow a sales rep to input a distributor as a registered user, give that UN/PWD to the distributor, and assign them under that sales rep?

Thanks,
Scott
7 years ago
funkykeys wrote:
Hi Marko,

Thanks for the quick reply. I read a bit of the documentation at https://mlm-socialbug.com/back-office and this looks to have a lot in it for sure.  I couldn't tell how the customer (i.e. distributor) sales gives credit to the sales rep.  Most are via a URL, but that won't work for us, as I mentioned, because the marketing efforts between sales reps and distributors won't be internet-based, so the potential for sales reps not getting commissions is high.  Can this plugin allow a sales rep to input a distributor as a registered user, give that UN/PWD to the distributor, and assign them under that sales rep?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

if you are a distributor in the company, you could simple register for a friend under yourself and give the user/password to him.
7 years ago
OK, great.  I just submitted a trial code request on your Web site using the e-mail address [email protected].
7 years ago
funkykeys wrote:
OK, great.  I just submitted a trial code request on your Web site using the e-mail address [email protected].

Hello Scott,

please check your email.
7 years ago
Marko,

I received your e-mail.  We DO NOT want to have to integrate with someone else's system in order to run our business.  To have to pay a significant monthly fee, just to calculate commissions for affiliates, and be limited to how many affiliates we can have in our start-up, is absolute nonsense.  We need a self-contained, one-time-only price for a plug-in.

Is this all that Social Bug offers?

Thanks,
Scott
7 years ago
funkykeys wrote:
Marko,

I received your e-mail.  We DO NOT want to have to integrate with someone else's system in order to run our business.  To have to pay a significant monthly fee, just to calculate commissions for affiliates, and be limited to how many affiliates we can have in our start-up, is absolute nonsense.  We need a self-contained, one-time-only price for a plug-in.

Thanks,
Scott

Hello Scott,

this is not a classic plugin its SAAS system. We do not sell source code cause it will cost a lot.

This features you can not find in any classic plugin.

SAAS is just a software model where we don't deliver physical software instead you buy a subscription to our service.
7 years ago
funkykeys wrote:
Marko,

Thanks,
Scott

It requires customization to calculate affiliate commissions. It is on the roadmap for v3.9
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.