Connecting nopCommerce to an existing ERP Software

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,
we have a self-developed but huge ERP System with an inventory for the items, our customers, suppliers... . Now we want to attach a webshop to it. This webshop should be able to show our items via our procedures which we will offer via web services. It also should be able to enter sales orders, but via our procedures and web services. Is nopCommerce able to do that?
We have one .NET developer in our company. Is there possibility to get development support so he can do this developement?
Has anyone experience doing such a development project and how to accomplish it the best way. I would appreciate any information
7 years ago
Hi,

I did really a lot of ERP integrations. The key is to define what are the business requirements and the degree of the implementation. Since self-developed, you benefit of the great advantage to have the possibility to make adaptations to your ERP as well.
To integrate with nop you can use the API plugin for nopCommerce https://github.com/SevenSpikes/api-plugin-for-nopcommerce
Of course it is not a solution out of the box but you can acheive great results with little efforts.

Regards, Giuseppe
7 years ago
In the first step I just want to implement the following requirements:
1. The customer is able to login
2. The list of the items which are in stock is displayed
3. The customer is able to put an order
4. The quantity of items in stock is always updated
For all this functionalities we have web services which can be called via a specific URL and returns the data in JSON.
What would you suggest? Should I look for a tutorial to read the source code, so I understand every line of code of nopCommerce to change the whole application to fit to my requirements?
Or should I look for some kind of development support that helps me by the development?
I am an experienced .NET developer and I want to develop it on my own. But I would appreciate to do it fastly.
7 years ago
Consider the simple integration (which we've done in the past for FishBowl):
1) Export inventory from ERP and import into nopCommerce (creates/updates products)
2) Export sales Orders from nopCommerce and import into ERP. (orders have customer information)

The exports/imports can be run frequently with a scheduled task.
You can do an initial customers import (migration), but they really need to setup their passwords anyway.
7 years ago
I don't think that this will be a good idea. We need live data in the online shop and the ERP. The solution is to use web services.
From that I have understood right now, it should be possible to change the source of nopCommerce so that it can work with our web services and data.
Is there a possibility to get developement support for that?
Has anybody have experience doing that and how much the effort is? We have one senior .NET developer in our company
7 years ago
The best possible implementation is to use events (example:on order paid -> send data to erp, on new POS sale -> sync stock with ecommerce). Personally I prefer almost real time approach and I try to avoid batch tasks.
MbProg wrote:
We need live data in the online shop and the ERP. The solution is to use web services.

Agree
MbProg wrote:

From that I have understood right now, it should be possible to change the source of nopCommerce so that it can work with our web services and data.

Correct
MbProg wrote:

Is there a possibility to get developement support for that?
Has anybody have experience doing that and how much the effort is? We have one senior .NET developer in our company

Feel free to contact me in PM
7 years ago
We have several implementations of store-ERP connections. They can vary from one case to the other, but here is what we more or less do (in order of priority):

1) Catalog:Daily (usually during the night) batch update of products, including prices and inventory, images, categories and manufacturers from ERP to store.

2) Inventory: when any change of stock occurs in the ERP (because of sales through other channels), send the new inventory (usually web services or alike)to the store. Something alike can be done if there are frequent and important price variations during the day.

3)Orders: Send them to the ERP as soon as they occur (WS or alike).

4) Customers: Daily (usually during the night) batch update of customers from ERP to store. If customers are allowed to update their info in the store then send it to the ERP as well and viceversa, just in caste that there are many changes a day in the ERP customer data base and it is important to mirror them in the store.

5) Other: in some cases daily or real time changes are sent to the store such as: exchange rates, new points for pick up, availability of credit line for the customer, reward points if there is such a program throughout the organization, etc. Also sometimes other data is sent from the store to the ERP such as contact requests, messages (email/SMS/WhatsApp) that are handled by the company messaging system, use of reward points or credit line, etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.