User role prohibiting checkout?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Is it possible (perhaps in 1.6?) to configure a user role whereby that user is prohibited from checking out or indeed accessing anything in the store other than browsing?

If not could you add it?

I have a need for this because we want to use the Nop database as our main user store but some accounts mustn't be allowed to use the ecommerce.
13 years ago
Hi,

No there no such feature. Also it is not implemented in 1.6 release.
13 years ago
Thanks Daniil. Any chance this could be added as a wishlist feature?

Or might I be able to acheive the same thing with blacklists? hmm...
13 years ago
does the setting 'allow navigation only for registered users' help ?

you can then set the registration process so that you can control who accesses  the site
13 years ago
I'll take a look at that - thanks for the tip - but from the sound of it I suspect it won't help as I don't want to prevent anon browsing just prevent certain users from checking out. (The reason is that we have users who come to us via a reseller; as they're not our direct customers they can't be allowed to go through checkout).

No matter, this isn't top priority right now - I've a lot of work to do before I get to worry about this aspect :)

Thanks again.
13 years ago
Customer.Active might be the solution, as it prevents users from logging in to NopCommerce whilst retaining their details in the Nop_Customer database.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.