How to delete fake registrations quickly? There are a lot of fake registrations and real ones on my site each single day!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello there!

I am using nopCommerce 3.50 version with DefaultClean theme.

Each day I have got about hundreds of fake registrations on my store. Also, there are real customers' registrations...

So, the question is.. How can I delete fake registration quickly in bulk?

Why there is no button for delete in the accounts listing page? I can select (tick) all accounts at left side, but cannot delete it because there is no DELETE button at the top right side...

How can I delete fake registrations quickly? And how not to allow fake registrations (I don't like reCaptcha)?

Thank you in advance!
7 years ago
One thing that comes to mind is - check the IP these registrations come from. Chances are they'll be from one IP or an IP range you can block - or a large IP range from a country you don't do business with. Get these blocked.

Recaptcha is one of the simplest ways to reduce this - but theres these kinds of captcha:

- Numeric / Alphanumeric where you type in a solution
- Select a picture (of a given type)
- Recognize the picture

Do you dislike all options or only the first one (most common)? See if the 2nd or 3rd options work for you.

Other ways to get around this are:
- Add a basic email regex validator
- Or a real email validator ("click this link to activate")

Hope this helps!
7 years ago
wherrelz wrote:
One thing that comes to mind is - check the IP these registrations come from. Chances are they'll be from one IP or an IP range you can block - or a large IP range from a country you don't do business with. Get these blocked.

Recaptcha is one of the simplest ways to reduce this - but theres these kinds of captcha:

- Numeric / Alphanumeric where you type in a solution
- Select a picture (of a given type)
- Recognize the picture

Do you dislike all options or only the first one (most common)? See if the 2nd or 3rd options work for you.

Other ways to get around this are:
- Add a basic email regex validator
- Or a real email validator ("click this link to activate")

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your answer.

How can I block (ban) IP addresses that I do not want to access my site?

Thanks.
7 years ago
You may try ==>http://www.foxnetsoft.com/nopipfilter
7 years ago
You can achieve this my blocking IP Addresses in bulk.

To achieve this, you can do by modifying your web.config file.
Follow this steps:

#1 Open the web.config file of your project.
#2. In the web.config file, open a
<security>
tag. This MUST to be added inside the
<system.webServer>
tag.
#3. Inside the
<security>
tag, add the following lines:

<ipSecurity allowUnlisted=”true”>
. Where ‘allowUnlisted‘ means that everybody has access except the IP listed below that line:
#4. Inside the
<ip security>
tag, list the IP addresses that you want to block like this:

<add ipAddress=”83.116.19.53″/>

#5. Save your web.config and that’s it, the IP addresses you want will not be able to access your site or ASP application.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.