PayPal payment only in USD

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,
our situation is the follow:
NOP Version: 3.60
payment method: Paypal
store currency: only EURO (all the others are disabled)

The problem is that paypal receive the correct price but in USD and not in EUR.
I try searching any strange configuration in our administrator panel but without results.
What can I check or verify?

Thanks in advance.
Paolo
7 years ago
What Paypal plugin are you using ? Can you provide a link to the plugin's download page ?
7 years ago
It's the preinstalled Payments.PayPalStandard
7 years ago
tetha wrote:
It's the preinstalled Payments.PayPalStandard

If you look at the code of the plugin, in this file:

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/blob/develop/src/Plugins/Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalStandard/PayPalStandardPaymentProcessor.cs

at line 289, we see there that the currency_code passed to Paypal, is that of the Primary Store currency (_currencyService.GetCurrencyById(_currencySettings.PrimaryStoreCurrencyId).CurrencyCode).

So I suppose that even though you have all the prices set in Euro, and all your currencies are disabled, besides Euro, that still, your main currency of the shop is USD. You will have to set Euro as the main currency, and then the correct Code will be sent to Paypal.

Please note that changing the default currency will affect the prices shown on your shop. Right now all your prices are set in USD (main currency), and are shown to the customers, converted to EURO, at the rate defined in nopCommerce admin. Changing the main currency to Euro, will cause all the prices to still have the same value as USD, but will no longer be converted, to Euro.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vlad
7 years ago
I verified directly on the database table "Setting" and the property "currencysettings.primarystorecurrencyid" has the value of EUR Currency.
There are other settings than should be verified?

Thanks
7 years ago
u need to set your papal account to EU also.

that is what i did for me. in store i set to SGD and paypal i set to SGD. and when billing. it will show in SGD also.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.