Bulk Import Products with Pictures

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have read the documentation on bulk importing products from excel.

You export an existing product to excel, and use that as the basis for the import excel file.

I have about 600 products to import, each has a picture.

The excel has three Picture columns with the following in each cell if populated:

[filepath ...]\content\images\thumbs\0000011_[product name].jpeg

I would like to know how to set this up so that the pictures can be imported in the bulk import process?

I believe this is possible somehow.

Many thanks,

Jason
7 years ago
I found this, but it's a bit vague.  Please can anyone expand on this, thanks:

Q: How do I import product pictures?

A: The pictures filename path must be relative to the host file system;  not your local PC/browser.

On the admin>products page, select one product that has a picture, and then do an "Export to Excel (selected)".  Look at the Excel sheet.  Note the host path for the picture.  You will need to prefix your filenames with that path when creating the CSV file.   Don't use the exact path.  You need to create a temp folder up a level or two, and put your files in that temp folder.  If hosted, you will need to FTP the image files prior to import.
7 years ago
I have tested by creating a temp folder (I have set permissions on this) with the image I want to add in it.

I have tried importing with the following in the Picture1 cell

D:\virtualservers\[my domain]\[my site]\content\images\thumbs\cylinderhead.jpg

I have moved the temp folder to every level but each time I get this error on import

Could not find file 'D:\virtualservers\[my domain]\[my site]\content\images\thumbs\cylinderhead.jpg'.
7 years ago
D'oh, the temp folder is the path in the excel.

Working fine now.
6 years ago
You can use Bulk Import Plugin with following features:

1) Bulk Upload of Product, Categories, Manufacturers, Product Attributes.
2) Bulk Upload of pictures in Product.
3) Bulk Import of new categories, manufacturers, product attributes in product. Once new categories, manufacturers and product attributes are imported the products can be imported in bulk mapping with new categories and manufacturers etc.
4)User can upload 10,000 records in 120 minutes.

It's available here:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/3119/bulk-import-plugin.aspx
4 years ago
Hi,
I looks like my plugin can achieve all this which you want. Please go through the link and let me know if you want more information of this plugin.

Bulk Picture Upload Plugin - https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/4690/bulk-picture-upload.aspx

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep Kumar,
Nopcommerce Developer,
Web - www.sandeepk.me
Mail - [email protected]
Skype - sandeep18051989
3 years ago
"If hosted, you will need to FTP the image files prior to import."

Hi,

My site is hosted and I want to import products with images via Excel upload.
The images are hosted on another server.
Is this possible?
I tried adding the Image URL to the Picture column in the Excel, the Product got uploaded but not the image.

Any ideas or is this even possible?
3 years ago
Yes, importing images from another server is possible. I only need there links and some customization in the plugin to make it work.
3 years ago
could you post a working link to your plugin?
3 years ago
Hi Sandeep,

Version 4.2. I would like to test that the plugin meets my requirementd before committing to purchase. Is that possible?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.